Dr. James M. Betts M.D.
Surgeon (Pediatric) | Pediatric Surgery744 52nd St #4100 Oakland CA, 94609
Dr. James Betts practices Pediatric Surgery in Oakland, CA. Dr. Betts treats children who have an illness, injury, or disease that requires surgery. Some of the surgical problems seen by pediatric surgeons are often quite different from those commonly seen by adult or general surgeons. Dr. Bettsdiagnoses, treats, and manages childrens surgical needs such as abnormalities of the groin in childhood and, surgical repair of birth defects, surgical care of tumors, transplantation operations, and endoscopic procedures.
Education and Training
Univ of Vt Coll of Med, Burlington Vt 1973
University of Vermont College of Medicine 1973
UrologyAmerican Board of UrologyABU
DermatologyAmerican Board of DermatologyABD
- 2012 San Francisco Super Doctors
- Genitourinary Disorders (urinary System & Male Reproductive Organs)
- Birth Defects
- Umbilical Hernia
- Inguinal Hernia
- Mt Sinai Med Ctr, General Surgery; Med Coll Of Virginia Hosp, Urology; Med Univ Sc Med Ctr, General Surgery
- Med College Of Virginia Hospital
- Mount Sinai Medical Center, Cleveland
- Medical University of South Carolina Affiliated Hospitals
- Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh
- University of South Carolina Affiliated Hospitals
- Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU) Affiliated Hospitals
- The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
- University of South Carolina School of Medicine Program
Dr. James M. Betts M.D.'s Practice location
Oakland, CA 94609Get Direction
Dr. James M. Betts M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Betts
- Understanding Hernia and Hernia Surgery
Feeling pain and swelling in the groin region can be a very unpleasant experience, especially when the pain gets worse when you cough or lift heavy objects. Experiencing these symptoms might signify the presence of groin hernia. A groin hernia is usually referred to in medical terms as an inguinal...
- Epigastric Hernia: Get the Facts
A hernia is a condition in which some part of an internal organ grows through an opening and protrudes to some other area, thereby altering its normal location.There are many types of hernia, but the epigastric hernia is the most common form. An epigastric hernia occurs when abdominal tissue...
- What Can I Expect After Undergoing Laparoscopic Hernia Repair?
In laparoscopic hernia repair, the surgeon makes a small incision in or just under your umbilicus and inserts a narrow tube to pump carbon dioxide into your abdomen. The gas lifts organs and other tissue, allowing a good view of your internal structures. The surgeon then inserts a telescope-like...
- Are There Risks To A Circumcision?
It is a procedure that takes just a few minutes to remove the foreskin of a male’s penis.This process has been associated with a number of things; some of them are true,while others are not. Depending on the circumstances, different people have viewed circumcision as an act that comes with its own...
- What Are the Risks of Hydrocelectomy
Hydrocelectomy, also called hydrocele repair, is a surgical procedure that aims to remove or repair a hydrocele, a sac of fluid that forms around a testicle, causing swelling and pain.Hydrocelectomy is like all other surgeries—risky, and one may get hurt during the procedure, react to the...
- An Appendectomy for Appendicitis
Appendicitis is the inflammation of the appendix, a tube-like extension attached to the large intestine. The appendix has no known function, but one thing for certain is that one can live without it with no apparent consequences.Appendicitis is a life and death kind of matter and should be treated...