Dr. Elizabeth Vickers Saarel M.D.
Cardiologist (Pediatric) | Pediatric Cardiology100 N Medical Dr Salt Lake City UT, 84113
Dr. Elizabeth Saarel is a pediatric cardiologist practicing in Salt Lake City, UT. Dr. Saarel specializes in caring for fetuses, infants, children and adolescents with cardiovascular or cardiac abnormalities. Practiced in both inpatient and outpatient settings, the scope of conditions cared for by pediatric cardiologists is large and includes congenital heart defects, heart muscle disorders, rhythm disturbances and hypertension.
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP- Pediatric Cardiology
- Transient atrioventricular conduction block with cryoablation following normal cryomapping.
- Long QT syndrome in children in the era of implantable defibrillators.
- Initial experience with novel mobile cardiac outpatient telemetry for children and adolescents with suspected arrhythmia.
- Use of the wearable external cardiac defibrillator in children.
- Bipolar lumenless lead performance in children and adults with congenital heart disease.
- Failure to impact prevalence of arterial ischemic stroke in pediatric cardiac patients over three decades.
- Somatic mosaicism contributes to phenotypic variation in Timothy syndrome.
- The Multicenter Pediatric and Adult Congenital EP Quality (MAP-IT) Initiative-rationale and design: report from the pediatric and congenital electrophysiology society's MAP-IT taskforce.
- A teenage fainter (dizziness, syncope, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome).
- The application of root mean square electrocardiography (RMS ECG) for the detection of acquired and congenital long QT syndrome.
- Modern approach to the sudden unexpected death investigation.
- Inappropriate ICD shocks in pediatrics and congenital heart disease patients: Risk factors and programming strategies.
- Pacemakers and Other Cardiac Implantable Devices in Children: Learning From Practice Variation Including Outliers in the Electronic Age.
- Screening for Congenital Heart Disease in Infants with Down Syndrome: Is Universal Echocardiography Necessary?
- Sports participation in long QT syndrome.
- Heart Problems
- Member Alpha Omega Alpha
- Member American Academy of Pediatrics
- Member American College of Cardiology
- Member Heart Rhythm Society
- University Hosps Of Cleve Rainbow Babies and Chldns Hospital 1993
- UH Rainbow Babies & Children's Hospital 1992
- University of Michigan Hospitals - Ann Arbor, MI in Pediatric Cardiology 2000
- University of Michigan Hospitals - Ann Arbor, MI in Pediatric Electropsysiology 2003
Dr. Elizabeth Vickers Saarel M.D.'s Practice location
Salt Lake City, UT 84113Get Direction
Dr. Elizabeth Vickers Saarel M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Saarel
- Newborn Diagnosis: Tetralogy of Fallot
Tetralogy of FallotTetralogy of Fallot is a congenital heart defect, which affects the heart’s structure, causing blood with low levels of oxygen to circulate throughout the body. Babies born with tetralogy of Fallot tend to have a blue discoloration of the skin due to low oxygen levels in their...
- What Is Neonatal Lupus?
Neonatal lupus is a not so common autoimmune disease. It is not true lupus as all the symptoms will completely disappear after 6 months of age. Neonatal lupus is also known by several other terms. The condition is also called as:...
- Different Types of Heart Doctors Explained
IntroductionDoctors who specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions or diseases of the cardiovascular system (the heart and blood vessels) are called heart doctors or cardiologists. These specialists are trained to identify, treat, and help prevent heart issues. There are also different...
- Congenital Heart Defects
Surgical treatment is the most appropriate option for inborn heart defects, which is not something you can put off.What is a congenital heart defect (CHD)?It is combined damage of the heart muscle in which there are structural deformations and anomalies in the inner chamber partitions, as well as...
- What Is Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy? Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Muscular dystrophies are a group of diseases that make the muscles of the body weaker over a period of time. The muscles become less flexible in this condition. Out of the nine types of muscular dystrophy, Duchenne muscular dystrophy is one of the most common.The main characteristics of this medical...
- What is Kawasaki Disease?
Kawasaki disease is a rare childhood disease that causes inflammation of the arteries in the body. The characteristic symptoms of the disease, which is high fever and peeling skin, remains for almost a week. In most cases, it gets back to normal without any major issues. Children will be monitored...
- Dr. Chuanchau J Jou DO100 N Medical Dr Salt Lake City UT 84113
- Jason T Su Other100 N Medical Dr Salt Lake City UT 84113
- Christopher Robin Mart MD100 N Medical Dr Salt Lake City UT 84113
- Dr. Antonio Gabriel Cabrera M.D.81 N MARIO CAPECCHI DR SALT LAKE CITY UT 84113
- Dr. Susan P. Etheridge MD81 N MARIO CAPECCHI DR SALT LAKE CITY UT 84113
- Michael David Puchalski Other100 N Medical Dr Salt Lake City UT 84113