Dr. Ashley Minkoff is a speech language pathologist practicing in MAXWELL AFB, AL. Dr. Minkoff specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Minkoff evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Minkoff helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Ashley Minkoff M.A.,CCC-SLP's Practice location
MAXWELL AFB, AL 36112Get Direction
Ashley Minkoff M.A.,CCC-SLP's reviewsWrite Review
- What Is Dysphagia?
IntroductionDysphagia is the medical term for difficulty swallowing. A person with dysphagia finds it more difficult to move liquid or food from the mouth to the stomach. Dysphagia is most likely caused by muscle and nerve problems. When food is swallowed, multiple muscles and nerves are...
- Understanding Relapsing-Remitting Multiple Sclerosis (RRMS)
Most patients who are diagnosed with multiple sclerosis usually fall under the category of having RRMS. In most patients, relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis in the course of the disease changes after several decades and usually becomes worse, and the patient’s diagnosis is likely to progress...
- Treatment of Dysphagia (Swallowing Problems)
What is dysphagia?Dysphagia is a disorder in which a person is unable to swallow food or is having difficulty in moving food down to the stomach. The throat or esophageal muscles are unable to work properly, and that leads to this disease. It is usually seen in children, old aged persons, and people...
- Treating Autism
Since symptoms of autism can vary depending on the child, and behaviors can often change over time, treatment solutions should be tailored to individual needs. A program should improve a child’s communication skills while addressing social, behavioral, and learning aspects of a child’s life....
- Choosing the Right Education for Your Autistic Child
Autism spectrum disorder (ASD) can cause issues in crucial areas of development, such as social interaction, verbal and nonverbal communication, creative and imaginative play, and sensory processing.Children with ASD may have difficulty understanding and communicating their needs and wants to...
- Treatment of Multiple Sclerosis
The following are some of the treatments of MS that focus on slowing the progression of the disease, speeding recovery from attacks, and managing symptoms.Treatments for MS Attacks...
- Mrs. Cynthia Heaton Presley MS CCC SLP7041 SENATORS DRIVE, LIBERAL ARTS BLDG MONTGOMERY AL 36117
- Ms. Tasheka D Gipson Other712 SOUTHLAWN DR MONTGOMERY AL 36108
- Mrs. Emily ann Stringfellow MS, CCC-SLP560 S LAWRENCE ST MONTGOMERY AL 36104
- Kelly Stewart M.A.CCC SLP8610 MAPLE RIDGE LN MONTGOMERY AL 36116
- Mrs. Jennifer Borden Cater M.S., CCC-SLP2125 E SOUTH BLVD MONTGOMERY AL 36116
- Teran Renee Fulford SPEECH THERAPIST298 JAY ST PRATTVILLE AL 36066