Dr. Abhay Divekar is a pediatric cardiologist practicing in Iowa City, IA. Dr. Divekar specializes in caring for fetuses, infants, children and adolescents with cardiovascular or cardiac abnormalities. Practiced in both inpatient and outpatient settings, the scope of conditions cared for by pediatric cardiologists is large and includes congenital heart defects, heart muscle disorders, rhythm disturbances and hypertension.
Education and Training
L.T. Municipal Medical College
- Association between auxotypes, serogroups, and antibiotic susceptibilities of Neisseria gonorrhoeae isolated from women in Mumbai (formerly Bombay), India.
- Disease prevalence in women attending the STD clinic in Mumbai (formerly Bombay), India.
- Over-the-wire intravascular ultrasound in an animal model of pulmonary hypertension.
- Pulmonary perfused blood volume with dual-energy CT as surrogate for pulmonary perfusion assessed with dynamic multidetector CT.
- MDCT-based quantification of porcine pulmonary arterial morphometry and self-similarity of arterial branching geometry.
- Standardizing radiation dose reporting in the pediatric cardiac catheterization laboratory-a multicenter study by the CCISC (Congenital Cardiovascular Interventional Study Consortium).
- Modified Stumper technique for acute postoperative bifurcation stenosis causing right ventricular failure after Ross procedure.
- Superior sagittal sinus thrombosis in a child with nephrotic syndrome.
- The Brooklyn Hospital Center 1997
- King Edward Memorial Hospital and Seth G.S. Medical College
- NYU-Pediatric Cardiology, New York, NY 2000
- C.S. Mott-Interv Cadiac Cath & Critical Care, Ann Arbor, MI 2001
- Pediatric Cardiology, New York University Medical Center, New York, NY
- Pediatric Cardiology, C.S. Mott Childrens Hospital, Ann Arbor, Michigan
Abhay Ashok Divekar MD, MBBS's Practice location
Iowa City, IA 52242Get Direction
DENVER, CO 80205Get Direction
Abhay Ashok Divekar MD, MBBS's reviewsWrite Review
- Muscular Dystrophy: Telling a Child the Truth About His/Her Condition
Muscular dystrophy is a category of muscle diseases that cause progressive weakness and loss of muscle mass. Muscular dystrophy (MD) is either inherited or can be due to a genetic mutation. Kids with MD usually follow a normal pattern of growth development in the first few years of their lives,...
- What Is Progeria?
Progeria or Hutchinson-Gilford progeria syndrome (HGPS), is a rare genetic condition characterized by a rapidly aging appearance in children. Newborns and infants born with this condition typically look healthy and normal, but may physically display characteristic facial features, such as prominent...
- Different Types of Heart Doctors Explained
IntroductionDoctors who specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions or diseases of the cardiovascular system (the heart and blood vessels) are called heart doctors or cardiologists. These specialists are trained to identify, treat, and help prevent heart issues. There are also different...
- What Is Neonatal Lupus?
Neonatal lupus is a not so common autoimmune disease. It is not true lupus as all the symptoms will completely disappear after 6 months of age. Neonatal lupus is also known by several other terms. The condition is also called as:...
- What Is Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy? Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Muscular dystrophies are a group of diseases that make the muscles of the body weaker over a period of time. The muscles become less flexible in this condition. Out of the nine types of muscular dystrophy, Duchenne muscular dystrophy is one of the most common.The main characteristics of this medical...
- Newborn Diagnosis: Tetralogy of Fallot
Tetralogy of FallotTetralogy of Fallot is a congenital heart defect, which affects the heart’s structure, causing blood with low levels of oxygen to circulate throughout the body. Babies born with tetralogy of Fallot tend to have a blue discoloration of the skin due to low oxygen levels in their...
- Dr. Thomas D Scholz MD200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Nicholas H. Vonbergen M.D.200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Aaron K Olson MD200 Hawkins Drive Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Michael F Artman MD200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Ravi C Ashwath MD200 HAWKINS DR IOWA CITY IA 52242
- Dr. Osamah Taha Aldoss M.D.200 HAWKINS DR IOWA CITY IA 52242