Dr. William Altringer is a general surgeon practicing in Bismarck, ND. Dr. Altringer specializes in abdominal contents including the esophagus, stomach, liver, gallbladder, pancreas and often thyroid glands. General surgeons are able to deal with almost any surgical or critical care emergency, also involving the skin or soft tissue trauma. Dr. Altringer provides quality surgical service for gravely ill or injured patients and is able to respond quickly due to knowledge of various surgical procedures.
Education and Training
Univ Of Nd Sch Of Med- Grand Forks Nd 1990
University of North Dakota School of Medicine and Health Sciences 1990
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS
- Cerebrovascular Disease
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm (aaa)
- Colon Polyps
- Aortic Aneurysm
- Vascular Disease
- Rush-Presby-St Luke'S M C, General Surgery
- Colorado Health Foundation Presbyterian-St Luke's Medical Center Program
Dr. William E Altringer MD's Practice location
Bismarck, ND 58501Get Direction
Dr. William E Altringer MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Altringer
- What Is an Umbilical Hernia Surgery?
An umbilical hernia operation is a surgical procedure that repairs an umbilical hernia issue. A hernia is a protrusion that usually appears in the abdomen. The bulging effect is due to the intestines or bowels trying to push their way out of the abdominal walls via the weak spots. Although commonly...
- What to Expect if You Need a Hysterectomy
What is Uterus?Uterus is a hollow muscular and inverted pear shaped structure. It lies in the pelvic cavity between the urinary bladder and the rectum. It is attached by ligaments to the pelvic wall. The uterus consists of a body called corpus a narrow uterine cavity called internal Os and the...
- What is an Open Cholecystectomy?
Open cholecystectomy, also known as open gall bladder removal, is a surgical procedure which involves removal of the gallbladder through creation of a large opening in the abdomen. The main aim of this surgical operation is to provide relief to people suffering from gallstones and other...
- What Is Ulcerative Colitis?
There are a few problems that can affect the digestive tract and cause problems, and they are generally referred to as irritable bowel diseases (IBD). The most common IBDs are Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis. IBD is different from IBS – Irritable Bowel Syndrome, which does not cause...
- What are the Treatment Options for Hernia
Hernia occurs when an organ protrudes through an opening or a tissue that keeps it in place. There are several types of hernia including inguinal, incisional, hiatal, and more. While some hernias have visible symptoms such as a lump or acidity in stomach, others are asymptotic. The latter type of...
- Laparoscopic Appendectomy
To start you off, an appendectomy is a procedure to remove the appendix. if it is inflamed or if it ruptures. The appendix is a small, almost cylindrical organ that is attached to the large intestines. When the appendix becomes inflamed, it has to be removed immediately and this is usually done...
- Dr. Joshua John Knudson MD375 Dixmyth Ave Cincinnati OH 45220
- Dr. Charles R Volk MD200 S 5th St Bismarck ND 58504
- Dr. Avinash Narayana D.O.2799 W Grand Blvd Detroit MI 48202
- Dr. Douglas W Litchfield MD200 S 5th St Bismarck ND 58504
- Dr. Thomas J Grube MD107 3rd Ave Nw Mandan ND 58554
- Dr. George H Hilts MD200 S 5th St Bismarck ND 58504