Dr. Cary Cavender is a pediatric gastroenterologist practicing in Birmingham, AL. Dr. Cavender specializes in digestive system, liver or nutritional problems in children from the newborn period to their teens. Conditions such as irritable bowel syndrome, lactose intolerance, chronic constipation or obesity can all be treated by a pediatric gastroenterologist.
- E Carolina University School Of Med
Dr. Cary Cavender M.D.'s Practice location
Birmingham, AL 35205Get Direction
MEMPHIS, TN 38105Get Direction
Dr. Cary Cavender M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- How Long Does the Stomach Flu Last?
What is a stomach flu?Gastroenteritis, also known as the "stomach flu" or "gastric flu", is the inflammation of the lining of the stomach and intestines. It is usually caused by a virus attacking the gastrointestinal system, although it can also be brought about by bacterial or parasitic...
- An Appendectomy for Appendicitis
Appendicitis is the inflammation of the appendix, a tube-like extension attached to the large intestine. The appendix has no known function, but one thing for certain is that one can live without it with no apparent consequences.Appendicitis is a life and death kind of matter and should be treated...
- Two Sisters Create a Resourceful Gluten-Free Website
Diagnosed at 3 years old with celiac disease, Sara Kronenberg and her family had to make some big changes to their diets and embrace a gluten-free lifestyle. Thanks to her mother’s support and research that she did about living gluten-free, Sara and her older sister Emma became experts at...
- Celiac Disease Patients No Longer Considered High-Risk for Cancer
How celiac disease can affect the bodyThere have been numerous studies that were conducted to show the effects that celiac disease might or might not have in relation to the body. This particular one has looked into patients for a span of ten years, measuring how different conditions developed...
- How Necessary is a Biopsy for Celiac Disease?
A biopsy has been considered as one of the gold standards to confirm celiac disease, an autoimmune disease that is caused by gluten, a protein found in wheat, barley, and rye. A biopsy is an invasive procedure, so some do not want to undergo it. In the past 25 years, more tests have been utilized to...
- Newborn Jaundice Prognosis and Home Remedies
Jaundice is a condition that causes yellowing of the skin and certain parts of the eyes. Your child will be checked for jaundice three days after being born. Nevertheless, you should watch out for any signs of the disorder after your go back home since it can take up to seven days to become...
- Dr. Traci Jester MD619 19th St S Birmingham AL 35249
- Dr. Meredith Cheryl Hitch M.D.1600 7th Ave S Birmingham AL 35233
- Dr. Janaina B Nogueira M.D.1600 7th Ave S Birmingham AL 35233
- Dr. Narendra Babu Vadlamudi M.D.1600 7th Ave S Birmingham AL 35233
- Dr. John T Boyle M.D.3401 Civic Center Blvd Philadelphia PA 19104
- Kirk Andrew Thame M.B.B.S.3601 Tvc Nashville TN 37232