Dr. Maria Alejandra Valenzuela-arellano MD
Ophthalmologist1430 Tulane Ave # Sl-69 New Orleans LA, 70112
Dr. Maria Valenzuela-arellano is an ophthalmologist practicing in New Orleans, LA. Dr. Valenzuela-arellano specializes in eye and vision care. As an ophthalmologist, Dr. Valenzuela-arellano can practice medicine as well as surgery. Opthalmologists can perform surgeries because they have their medical degrees along with at least eight years of additional training. Dr. Valenzuela-arellano can diagnose and treat diseases, perform eye operations and prescribe eye glasses and contacts. Ophthalmologists can also specialize even further in a specific area of eye care.
Education and Training
Pontifical Catholic University of Chile / Faculty of Medicine
- Universidad de Los Andes, Chile 2002
- University of British Columbia, Canada 2003
- University of Toronto, Canada 2004
- Royal Children's and Royal Brisbane & Women's Hospitals and Health Districts, Australia 2006
Dr. Maria Alejandra Valenzuela-arellano MD's Practice location
New Orleans, LA 70112Get Direction
WINSTON SALEM, NC 27157Get Direction
Dr. Maria Alejandra Valenzuela-arellano MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Valenzuela-arellano
- What Could a Swollen Eyelid Mean?
Your eyelid’s skin is stretchy and loose with a thickness of less than 1 mm. Your eyelids can swell if there is a buildup of fluid in the tissues that surround your eyes.In most cases, swollen eyelids are not a cause for concern and can return back to its normal shape and size after a few days....
- Lasik Eye Surgery for Astigmatism
Astigmatism is one of the most common eye disorders affecting huge swaths of the population where the skewed curvature of the corneal surface creates blurred images of near and distant objects. In the normal course, astigmatism goes hand in hand with varying degrees of nearsightedness (myopia) and...
- How Is Sarcoidosis Diagnosed?
What is sarcoidosis?Sarcoidosis is an inflammatory disease, which is characterized by the growth of granulomas or tiny collections of inflammatory cells in various parts of the body. When the immune system is slowed down and when these numerous clumps form, they tend to interfere with the organ’s...
- Tips For Living with Cataracts
Several vision issues that are related to aging can be solved by practical approaches like more illumination when reading or fixing poor lighting conditions in your home.When you grow to over 60 years of age, you may require more lighting for most indoor and outdoor activities. This is caused by the...
- Everything You Need to Know About Conjunctivitis
What is Conjunctivitis?Conjunctivitis is an inflammation of the conjunctiva (a transparent membrane that covers the white part of the eyeball and lines the eyelids). Conjunctivitis is also known as pink eye, due to the characteristic pink or reddish color of the whites of the eyes.What Causes...
- What is Color Blindness?
Color blindness is not a real blindness but a deficiency in seeing colors. People having color blindness can’t distinguish between certain colors, like red and green, or blue and yellow. The red and green color deficiency is the most common type of this condition.What causes color blindness?It is...
- Robert Joseph Cangelosi4201 Frenchmen Street New Orleans Louisiana 70122
- Dr. Neil F. Notaroberto M.D.1939 Hickory Avenue Harahan Louisiana 70123
- Dr. Andrew W Lawton MD1514 JEFFERSON HWY NEW ORLEANS LA 70121
- Mr. Randy Peter Bouligny MD1100 Poydras St New Orleans LA 70163
- Dr. Maria Soledad Cortina M.D2820 Napoleon Ave New Orleans LA 70115
- Dr. Joseph D Benevento MD1514 JEFFERSON HWY NEW ORLEANS LA 70121