Dr. Barbara H Wade MD
Infectious Disease Specialist | Infectious Disease5153 N 9th Ave Suite 305 Pensacola FL, 32504
Dr. Barbara Wade is an infectious disease specialist practicing in Pensacola, FL. Dr. Wade specializes in infections that are difficult to diagnose or unresponsive to treatments, such as HIV or airborne infections from a foreign country. Infectious disease specialists usually work with conditions that are not treatable by a primary physician but it is important to keep contact with the primary physician in order to receive information about the patients history and for deciding which diagnostic tests are appropriate.
Education and Training
Univ of South Al Coll of Med, Mobile Al 1978
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Infectious Disease
- Interactions of Bacteroides fragilis and phagocytes: studies with whole organisms, purified capsular polysaccharide and clindamycin-treated bacteria.
- Polymorphonuclear leukocytes: dedicated professional phagocytes.
- Exchange transfusion for sickle cell intrahepatic cholestasis.
- Invasive infection due to Apophysomyces elegans in immunocompetent hosts.
- Primary care of patients infected with human immunodeficiency virus.
- Infection control and outpatient parenteral antibiotic therapy.
- Univ Of Va Med Ctr, Infectious Diseases; Univ Of Al Hosp, Internal Medicine
- University Of Al Hospital
Dr. Barbara H Wade MD's Practice location
Pensacola, FL 32504Get Direction
PENSACOLA, FL 32503Get Direction
Dr. Barbara H Wade MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Wade
- Everything You Need To Know About Lyme Disease
What is Lyme disease?Lyme disease also called Lyme borreliosis is an inflammatory disorder in which the first symptoms that appear include rash, fever, headache, chills and then later arthritis, cardiac and neurological disorders. It is a bacterial infection caused by Borrelia burgdorferi. ...
- How is Genital Herpes Diagnosed?
Genital Herpes is the most common sexually transmitted disease. It is caused by two types of viruses - herpes simplex Type 1 and herpes simplex Type 2. However, people suffering from the condition are not aware of it because it hardly presents with any symptoms. So, in most of the cases people are...
- What is Antiviral Medication?
Antiviral medication refers to drugs that are used for treatment of HIV. These drugs do not completely treat the infection but are used to suppress the development of the virus and stop it from becoming AIDS. Since HIV virus replicates itself once it gets into the bloodstream, the medication stops...
- HIV: 5 Transmission Myths
What is HIV?HIV is a virus that was discovered in the 1980s. It attacks a person's immune system, causing it to be too weak to fight outside infections. The HIV virus works by destroying white blood cells, called CD4 cells, in the immune system, and progresses through three stages, the last of which...
- How is Cholera Diagnosed?
How is Cholera Diagnosed?Cholera is an acute bacteria disease caused by a bacterium called Vibrio cholerae. Infection with the cholera bacteria can lead to severe vomiting and diarrhea and finally electrolyte loss or dehydration. If not treated, cholera can, in many cases, result in death.In order...
- The Three Stages of Lyme Disease
The problem with Lyme disease is that it is difficult to treat because the organism responsible for the disease hides from your immune system. Lyme disease goes through three stages, and in each stage, they produce different signs and symptoms. The three stages of Lyme disease are:...
- Dr. Jay Roger Erickson M.D.1717 N E St Pensacola FL 32501
- Dr. Tedra M Claytor MD600 Moye Blvd Greenville NC 27834
- Dr. Kevin Allen Swartz MD8333 N Davis Hwy Pensacola FL 32514
- Dr. Pardeep Kumari MD2120 E Johnson Ave Pensacola FL 32514
- Dr. Issa E. Ephtimios M.D.8333 N Davis Hwy Pensacola FL 32514
- Dr. Edgardo E Li-espino M.D.5153 N 9th Ave Pensacola FL 32504