Dr. Oluma Yoseph Bushen M.D.
Infectious Disease Specialist | Infectious Disease1400 W 22nd St Sioux Falls SD, 57105
Dr. Oluma Bushen is an infectious disease specialist practicing in Sioux Falls, SD. Dr. Bushen specializes in infections that are difficult to diagnose or unresponsive to treatments, such as HIV or airborne infections from a foreign country. Infectious disease specialists usually work with conditions that are not treatable by a primary physician but it is important to keep contact with the primary physician in order to receive information about the patients history and for deciding which diagnostic tests are appropriate.
Dr. Oluma Yoseph Bushen M.D.'s Practice location
Sioux Falls, SD 57105Get Direction
SIOUX FALLS, SD 57105Get Direction
Dr. Oluma Yoseph Bushen M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Bushen
- What Should I Do If My Baby Has Mumps?
What is mumps?Mumps is a highly contagious viral infection. The virus invades the parotid glands of the individual causing pain and inflammation of these glands. It is characterized by a “hamster-like” swelling of the patient’s face. The initial symptoms may take up to two weeks to manifest....
- How to Remove a Deer Tick to Prevent Yourself from Getting Lyme Disease
Lyme disease is a bacterial infection caused by a spirochete known as Borrelia burgdorferi. It is a spiral-shaped bacterium that replicates within the body with the ability to evade the immune system, causing Lyme disease. Lyme disease is more commonly seen during the spring and summer seasons. The...
- Chikungunya Fever: Symptoms, Treatment, and Prevention
Introduction Chikungunya is a viral infection that is transmitted by mosquitoes. The chikungunya virus causes a sudden onset of fever along with severe joint pain. The illness is not considered as contagious, but in rare instances, the virus can get transmitted through contact with a person's...
- HIV: 5 Transmission Myths
What is HIV?HIV is a virus that was discovered in the 1980s. It attacks a person's immune system, causing it to be too weak to fight outside infections. The HIV virus works by destroying white blood cells, called CD4 cells, in the immune system, and progresses through three stages, the last of which...
- Infectious Disease Experts Tell Us What to Expect From the Coronavirus
The deadly coronavirus that began as a handful of infections in China and exponentially multiplied around the globe has become one of the largest news stories of the decade.With over 50 million cases of COVID-19 confirmed and over 1 million deaths, the world is struggling on how to contain the virus...
- Is Vaccination an Old Method or Another Achievement of the Modern Era?
In the early 19th to the 20th century, parents would have been surprised to know that future generations would be free from childhood diseases. Diphtheria was then one of the most common diseases that took the lives of thousands of children, while polio left thousands of children crippled. Measles...
- Dr. Manuel De jesus Arbo MD911 E 20th St Sioux Falls SD 57105
- Dr. Veronica Soler MD1310 W 22nd St Sioux Falls SD 57105
- Dr. Jeremy Storm DO6709 S Minnesota Ave Sioux Falls SD 57108
- Dr. Aristides P Assimacopoulos MD6709 S Minnesota Ave Sioux Falls SD 57108
- Dr. Fares Yousef Masannat MD6709 S Minnesota Ave Sioux Falls SD 57108
- Dr. Brian Sabado Pepito M.D.6709 S Minnesota Ave Sioux Falls SD 57108