Kurt Stephen Hoffmayer MD
Cardiac Electrophysiologist | Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology505 Parnassus Ave San Francisco CA, 94143
Dr. Kurt Hoffmayer is a Cardiac Electrophysicist practicing in San Francisco, CA. Dr. Hoffmayer performs testing procedures on patients hearts electrical system in order to assess timing and abnormalities associated with electrical activities of the heart. Adult Cardiac Electrophysiologists are trained to treat irregular heartbeats, and carry out electrophysiology studies or ablations.
Education and Training
Temple University School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA Medical Degree
Temple University School of Pharmacy, Philadelphia, PA Other Degree
UC San Francisco, School of Medicine, San Francisco, CA Other Degree
Cardiac Electrophysiologist Medical Degree
Assistant Professor of Medicine Medical Degree
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Cardiovascular Disease
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Pseudosupraventricular tachycardia.
- Pseudoatrial flutter.
- Pseudopremature ventricular complexes.
- Pseudoventricular fibrillation.
- Pseudoventricular tachycardia.
- Pseudo pauses.
- Pseudoventricular fibrillation.
- Paper drag mimicking sinus tachycardia.
- The importance of multiple telemetry leads.
- The utility of the "notch" sign.
- Apparent Osborne waves.
- Ventricular fibrillation during the use of an electric shaver?
- Closure of a para-valvular aortic leak: with the use of 2 AMPLATZER devices and real-time 2- and 3-dimensional transesophageal echocardiography.
Kurt Stephen Hoffmayer MD's Practice location
SAN DIEGO, CA 92103Get Direction
La Jolla, CA 92037Get Direction
Kurt Stephen Hoffmayer MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Hoffmayer
- Who Should You Call If You Have Congestive Heart Failure?
Heart failure should be treated early. With the right treatment, your life expectancy can be increased. Patients observing any of the symptoms related to congestive heart failure should never wait for the regular appointment dates. Instead, they should consult your doctor in no time to avoid further...
- What Is a Bubble Study?
What is a bubble study?A bubble study is a type of echocardiogram, which is the ultrasound of the heart. An echocardiogram is done to visualize the heart and its surrounding areas. Better images of the heart can be produced when a “contrast” is used during the echocardiogram. In a bubble study,...
- Complications of Myocardial Infarction
Complications can be divided according to different factors:...
- Different Types of Heart Doctors Explained
IntroductionDoctors who specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions or diseases of the cardiovascular system (the heart and blood vessels) are called heart doctors or cardiologists. These specialists are trained to identify, treat, and help prevent heart issues. There are also different...
- Heart Palpitations: What Is It and What Are the Causes?
Our heart rate is automatically controlled by the autonomic nervous system (ANS) that has two divisions: sympathetic and parasympathetic. The part of the ANS that is responsible for raising a person’s heart rate through the sympathetic plexus is the sympathetic division. The parasympathetic...
- Heart Palpitations: When Is It a Sign of Something Serious?
Heart palpitations, although it feels like a scary experience, are not always a sign of something serious. These palpitations are harmless but there are some instances when it could be a signal to a serious heart disease, especially if it is associated with other symptoms. This article explains...
- Dr. Rajesh S Banker M.D.550 Battery St San Francisco CA 94111
- Edward Gerstenfeld MD400 PARNASSUS AVE SAN FRANCISCO CA 94143
- Nitish Badhwar MD350 Parnassus Ave San Francisco CA 94143
- Liviu Klein MD, MS505 Parnassus Ave San Francisco CA 94143
- Steven Mark Stevens MD505 Parnassus Ave San Francisco CA 94143
- Joshua David Moss M.D.500 PARNASSUS AVE RM 432 SAN FRANCISCO CA 94143