Dr. Karen Himmel is an internist practicing in Porterfield, WI. Dr. Himmel specializes in the medical treatment of adults. Internists can act as a primary physician or a consultant to a primary physician. They manage both common and rare diseases. Dr. Himmel provides comprehensive care and manages treatment with surgeons as well. Internists establish long-term relationships with their patients and incorporate disease prevention and mental health care into their practice.
Education and Training
Wayne State Univ Sch of Med, Detroit Mi 1988
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Detroit Rec Hsp-U Hlth C, Internal Medicine
- Detroit Med Ctr
Dr. Karen B. Himmel M.D.'s Practice location
Porterfield, WI 54159Get Direction
Dr. Karen B. Himmel M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Himmel
- Lose Weight While Sitting at Your Desk
People with sedentary, desk bound jobs could be helped by portable pedaling exercise machine, says a new study. These exercise machines will help them to counter the effects of sedentary jobs, according to the researchers.In this study 18 full-time workers were provided with a portable...
- Causes, Treatment, and Prevention of Petechiae
Petechiae are tiny dots that appear as red, brown, or purple in color beneath the skin. They are usually seen in clusters on the stomach, buttocks, arms, and legs. However, they may also appear inside the mouth or on the eyelids. Petechiae may indicate different conditions, which can range from...
- Obesity & Sleep Disorders, Affect Child's Ability to Learn
A new study has shown that weight, sleeping disorders, and inability to learn are all linked with each other in children. A child who is overweight and who does not get enough sleep may have difficulty learning. Moreover, a child who has learning disabilities has a higher risk of developing obesity...
- Is My Diarrhea Caused by Irritable Bowel Syndrome?
What is irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)?Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) is a common gut disorder. Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) is unlike inflammatory bowel disease and differs from other bowel conditions. It is a group of several symptoms such as abdominal pain, bloating, cramping, constipation,...
- Breastfeeding Does Not Affect A Mother's Sleep Cycle
According to a new study, mothers who breastfeed sleep the same amount as mothers who feed their babies with infant formula. Women who breastfed their children got as much sleep during the night as women who fed their babies with formula and breastfeeding moms were any more exhausted compared to...
- Is Yawning Contagious?
Contagious yawning among total strangers is very rare, according to a new study. People are more likely to yawn when they see somebody yawning, if the other person is family member or friend. A recent study shows that yawning is a sign of social empathy and emotional bonds between family and...
- Dr. Linda J Werner MD2935 Shore Dr Marinette WI 54143
- Dr. Naveet S Bal MD3100 Shore Dr Marinette WI 54143
- Dr. Gian C Daroach MD3130 Shore Dr Marinette WI 54143
- Dr. Amjed Yousef Abu muhanna MD3130 Shore Dr Marinette WI 54143
- Dr. Nicole A Hiniker MD2820 ROOSEVELT ROAD MARINETTE WI 54143
- Dr. Ramandeep Sachdeva M.D.1106 University Dr. Marinette WI 54143