Daquesha C. Chever, DO, is a leading family practitioner currently serving patients at Floyd Urgent Care, Cartersville, in Cartersville, Georgia. Throughout her five years of practice, she has accrued extensive expertise in general family medicine and urgent care medicine, with a special interest in lacerations, flu, urinary tract infections, sprains, fractures, and burns. After earning her Bachelor of Science degree at Ohio University in Athens, Ohio, Dr. Chever completed her Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine degree at Ohio University Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine in Athens, Ohio, in 2009, followed by her internship at Genesys Health Center in Grand Blanc, Michigan, her family medicine residency at Palmetto General Hospital in Hialeah, Florida, and her dermatology research fellowship at Ameriderm Research in Ormond Beach, Florida. Additionally, in order to stay up to date on all medical advancements in her field, she maintains a professional membership with the Ohio Chapter of the American College of Osteopathic Family Physicians, the Florida Osteopathic Medical Association, the American Osteopathic Association, and the Georgia Osteopathic Medical Association. Furthermore, Dr. Chever was elected Preceptor of the Year at Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine in 2014.
- Family Medicine, Palmetto General Hospital
- Genesys Regional Medical Center
- Dermatology Research, Ameriderm Research
Professional Society Memberships
- Ohio Chapter of the American College of Osteopathic Family Physicians, Florida Osteopathic Medical Association, American Osteopathic Association, Georgia Osteopathic Medical Association
Articles and Publications
- Published article in the Journal of the American Osteopathic College of Dermatology, 2010
- Sweets Syndrome The Neuro Report, 2002
- Central Beta Adrenergic Modulation of Cognitive Flexibility
What do you attribute your success to?
- Great mentorship throughout her entire academic career in all different realms of medicine.
Hobbies / Sports
- Traveling, Restaurants, Arts, Shows, Jogging, Exercising
Favorite professional publications
- American Academy of Family Physicians Journal
Dr. Daquesha Chever D.O's Practice location
Cartersville, Georgia 30120Get Direction
Miami, FL 33162Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Daquesha Chever D.O | Family Practitioner
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Daquesha Chever D.O's reviewsWrite Review
- Why Is Chemotherapy Used for Lupus?
What is Lupus?Systemic lupus erythematosus, also known as lupus, is a disease of the immune system. The immune system protects the body from infection. In lupus, however, the immune system turns against the body, leading to tissue damage and illness. Thus, lupus is called an autoimmune disease.Men...
- When Could Polydipsia Be a Sign of Something Serious?
Extreme thirst is medically referred to as polydipsia, which is believed to be the first signs of diabetes. Polydipsia can also be accompanied by dry mouth, which could be constantly or temporarily experienced.In order for the body to function properly, it is important to drink an adequate amount of...
- The BRAT Diet for Toddlers
IntroductionBRAT is a type of diet, which consists of bananas, rice, applesauce, and toast. The BRAT diet used to be a staple mostly recommended by pediatricians to children with an upset stomach. The main idea behind this diet is to provide a chance for the gut to rest and at the same time...
- What is Lung Cancer? Get the Facts
The Nature of Cancerous CellsEvery cell in the human body is programmed to carry out a specific role. For example, a red blood cell carries oxygen to tissues, a white blood cell wards off infection, and an intestinal cell absorbs nutrients in the digestive tract. All these cells are programmed to...
- Is Sinusitis Preventable?
One of the leading reasons why individuals visit their doctors is sinus pain. According to research, approximately 37 million American citizens get symptoms for sinusitis like thick nasal discharge, sinus pain, and nasal congestion. That figure is on the rise due to an increase in pollutants and...
- Black Stool: What Does It Mean?
What does a black stool indicate?A black or dark red-colored stool is called tarry or bloody stools. However, passing dark-colored stools is not always caused by serious problems. One of the most common causes of black stools is the consumption of iron supplements, particularly in people who have...
- Dr. Satish Cuddapah MD551 Riverstone Pkwy Canton GA 30114
- Dr. Joseph W. Boecker D.O.4465 Lemon St Acworth GA 30101
- Dr. Alice Jyothi Philip M.D.1230 Johnson Ferry Pl Marietta GA 30068
- Dr. Jayson Welles Fields MD150 Gentilly Blvd Cartersville GA 30120
- Dr. Yacoba Hudson MD9766 Highway 92 Woodstock GA 30188
- Dr. Caroline Bao Nguyen M.D.100 Stoneforest Dr Woodstock GA 30189