Dr. Clark Chen practices Neurological Surgery in Boston, MA. As a Neurological Surgeon, Dr. Chen prevents, diagnoses, evaluates, and treats disorders of the autonomic, peripheral, and central nervous systems. Neurological Surgeons are trained to treat such disorders as spinal canal stenosis, herniated discs, tumors, fractures, and spinal deformities, among many others.
Education and Training
Harvard Med Sch, Boston Ma 2001
Harvard Medical School, Boston, Ma Medical Degree
Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA Other Degree
Harvard Medical School, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, MA Other Degree
Chief of Stereotactic and Radiosurgery Medical Degree
Vice Chairman of Research, Neurosurgery Medical Degree
- Mass Gen Hosp, General Surgery
Dr. Clark C Chen MD PHD's Practice location
Boston, MA 02215Get Direction
MINNEAPOLIS, MN 55455Get Direction
Dr. Clark C Chen MD PHD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Chen
- Laminectomy: Reasons for Having One and the Risks It Involves
What Is a Laminectomy?A laminectomy is a kind of surgery whose aim is to decompress the spinal cord. The lamina (the bone that constitutes spinal‘s vertebral arch) and bone spurs are removed during the operation. Both the lamina and bone spurs can compress your spinal cord leading to:...
- What Is Oromandibular Dystonia?
Oromandibular DystoniaOromandibular dystonia is a type of focal dystonia. This condition is also called cranial dystonia, in which the face, jaw, or tongue forcefully contracts and becomes difficult to open and close the mouth. Thus, a person's speech and ability to chew are affected. Cranial...
- Lobotomies in Other Countries
What is a lobotomy and why was it used?A lobotomy is a neurosurgical procedure used for the treatment of various psychological conditions, such as severe depression, mania, schizophrenia, etc. It was even used for the treatment of homosexuality.The idea of brain surgery started around 1890, when a...
- Scoliosis Symptoms and Causes
Scoliosis often occurs in kids below the age of puberty. Some of the most common signs of scoliosis happen to be the following:...
- Are There Risks to a Spinal Stenosis Surgery?
Like any other surgical procedure, spinal stenosis surgery has its own risks and possible complications. However, if performed correctly by professional medical staff, the possibility of any complication after the surgery is low.The potential risks and possible complications following a spinal...
- Everything You Need to Know About a Laminectomy
What Is a Laminectomy?The lamina is the back part of your vertebra covering the spinal canal. Your doctor could decide to eliminate your lamina or the bone spurs around it when either causes compression of your spinal cord or the roots of your nerves. Pressure on the roots of your nerves can cause:...
- Peter M. Black67 Union Street Natick Massachusetts 01760
- Dr. Brian Vala Nahed MDMassachusetts General Hospital Boston MA 02114
- Dr. Ossama Al-mefty MD4301 W Markham St # 783 Little Rock AR 72205
- Dr. Chima O Ohaegbulam M.D.125 Parker Hill Ave Roxbury Crossing MA 02120
- Dr. Eric C. Chang MDMassachusetts General Hospital Boston MA 02114
- Dr. Carl Barnes Heilman M.D.750 Washington St Boston MA 02111