Dr. William Albert Dittman M.D.
Hematologist-Oncologist | Hematology & Oncology101 W 8th Ave Spokane WA, 99204
Dr. William Dittman is a hematologist oncologist practicing in Spokane, WA. Dr. Dittman specializes in the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of blood diseases such as anemia, hemophilia, sickle-cell disease, leukemia and lymphoma. Hematologist Oncologists are also trained in the study of cancer and its attack on other organs.
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Direct measurement of unfractionated heparin using a biochemical assay.
- Fractionation of the swine follicle stimulating hormone.
- Hemoglobin H associated with an uncommon variant of thalassemia trait.
- Demecolcine toxicity: a case report of severe hematopoietic toxicity and a review of the literature.
- Thrombomodulin expression by human blood monocytes and by human synovial tissue lining macrophages.
- Increased expression of thrombomodulin on the cultured human umbilical vein endothelial cells and mouse hemangioma cells by cyclic AMP.
- Thrombomodulin Biology and potential cardiovascular applications.
- Structure and function of thrombomodulin: a natural anticoagulant.
- Equilibrium binding of thrombin to recombinant human thrombomodulin: effect of hirudin, fibrinogen, factor Va, and peptide analogues.
- Sequence of a cDNA for mouse thrombomodulin and comparison of the predicted mouse and human amino acid sequences.
- Transcription of thrombomodulin mRNA in mouse hemangioma cells is increased by cycloheximide and thrombin.
- Human thrombomodulin: complete cDNA sequence and chromosome localization of the gene.
- A role for thrombomodulin in the pathogenesis of thrombin-induced thromboembolism in mice.
- The structure and function of mouse thrombomodulin. Phorbol myristate acetate stimulates degradation and synthesis of thrombomodulin without affecting mRNA levels in hemangioma cells.
- Electron microscopic and peroxidase cytochemical analysis of pink pseudo-Chediak-Higashi granules in acute myelogenous leukemia.
Dr. William Albert Dittman M.D.'s Practice location
Spokane, WA 99204Get Direction
Spokane, WA 99204Get Direction
- The Effect of Sunshine on Lymphoma
Having a lack of enough vitamin D can drastically effect one's ability to fight many cancers, including lymphoma. So, researchers inevitably wondered whether the addition of Vitamin D to preexisting therapies would prolong patients' lives. The Wilmot Cancer Institute received a $3 million grant for...
- Daughter's Donation Gives Mom with Lymphoma a Fighting Chance
Chyanne Ojageer, a 14-year-old teenager from Kissimmee, Florida, became one of the youngest bone marrow donors in the state when she donated her own bone marrow to help save her mother’s life.Neisha Ojageer, never in her wildest dreams thought that her daughter would be the person to save her...
- What Are Lymphocytes?
A lymphocyte is a type of white blood cell (WBC) that has a significant function in the body's immune system. Lymphocytes function by properly responding to infectious microorganisms and other foreign invaders in the body. Lymphocytes can work alone, but some of them are also capable of...
- Treatment Update for Hodgkin Lymphoma
Over time, research has uncovered ways of treating Hodgkin lymphoma (HL) to produce an 80% to 90% cure rate. For the remaining 10% to 20% who are either resistant to the primary treatment or have relapsed, their cancer can still be fatal.The standard care for those not yet cured has been a two-step...
- Living with Lymphoma Day by Day
A majority of individuals diagnosed with lymphoma find that they have to make a great deal of adjustments to their lives. There are several physical, emotional, social, and everyday obstacles from diagnosis to remission.Living with lymphoma can be different for every individual, which is why it is...
- Treatments for Multiple Myeloma
The cancer care crew discusses what treatment will suit you after multiple myeloma has been diagnosed and staged. The following are treatments used in multiple myeloma:...