Dr. Mark Ballow MD
Allergist and Immunologist (Pediatric) | Pediatric Allergy/Immunology219 Bryant Street Buffalo NY, 14222
Dr. Mark Ballow practices Pediatric Allergy Medicine in Buffalo, NY. A pediatric allergist/immunologist finds and treats allergies and immune system problems that child patients suffer from. Dr. Ballow treats the reactions caused by pet dander, pollen, dust, mold spores, insect stings, food, and medications; those reactions include asthma, hay fever, hives, eczema, or a very severe and unusual reaction called anaphylaxis.
Education and Training
Univ of Chicago, Pritzker Sch of Med, Chicago Il 1969
Allergy and ImmunologyAmerican Board of Allergy and ImmunologyABAI
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP
Dr. Mark Ballow MD's Practice location
Buffalo, NY 14222Get Direction
TAMPA, FL 33606Get Direction
Dr. Mark Ballow MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Ballow
- Are Food Allergies More Common in Children Than we Thought?
The results of a large study published in the journal Pediatrics, has shown that childhood food allergies are more common and dangerous than previously thought. In this study, researchers conducted a detailed survey of about 38,000 families who had at least one child under the age of 18-years-old....
- Allergy Reality Launches Tools for Advocating and Educating Those with Food Sensitivities
The beginning of a new school year is an exciting time for students and parents alike. Many students look forward to meeting up with friends and sharing about their summer vacation adventures. Also, there’s the prospect of meeting new teachers and learning more about the world around them as well...
- Are there any Contradictions for Alternative Treatment of Mumps?
Mumps is a viral infection which causes swelling of the salivary glands. The patient’s throat and neck swells up making it difficult for them to talk or eat. Although it is not contagious like chicken pox and measles, mumps is a common disease which affects a person once. If there are no other...
- Is Vaccination an Old Method or Another Achievement of the Modern Era?
In the early 19th to the 20th century, parents would have been surprised to know that future generations would be free from childhood diseases. Diphtheria was then one of the most common diseases that took the lives of thousands of children, while polio left thousands of children crippled. Measles...
- What Is Loratadine: Uses, Dosage, and Side Effects
Generic Name: LoratadineBrand Name(s): Alavert, Tavist ND, Dimetapp ND, Claritin RediTabsWhat is loratadine?Loratadine is an antihistamine that blocks the action of histamine, which is a chemical released by mast cells in response to an allergen. When histamine is released, it causes symptoms of...
- When Is Allergy Season?
Allergy season would mainly depend on the underlying factor of what individuals are allergic to and where they live. If an individual is suffering from a seasonal allergy or hay fever, then tree pollens could trigger the allergic reaction in the season of spring or late winter. If you are allergic...
- Dr. Sujatha Ramesh MD219 Bryant Street Buffalo NY 14222
- Dr. Heather K Lehman MD1001 MAIN ST BUFFALO NY 14203
- Dr. Jeffrey Bruce Rockoff MD219 Bryant Street Buffalo NY 14222
- Dr. Shivani Rasalingam MD3900 N BUFFALO ST ORCHARD PARK NY 14127
- Dr. Doris J Rapp M.D.3407 Delaware Ave Buffalo NY 14217
- Dr. Allison L Freeman M.D.1001 MAIN ST FL 4 BUFFALO NY 14203