Dr. Mikael James Jacobson M.D.
Psychiatrist | Psychiatry4242 Medical Dr Suite 1150 San Antonio TX, 78229
Dr. Mikael Jacobson is a psychiatrist practicing in San Antonio, TX. Dr. Jacobson is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Jacobson diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Jacobson may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Jacobson treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
Education and Training
Univ of Tx Med Sch At San Antonio, San Antonio Tx 2000
- Univ Tx Med Sch-San Antonio, Psychiatry; Tx Tech Univ Hlth Sci Ctr, Family Medicine
Dr. Mikael James Jacobson M.D.'s Practice location
San Antonio, TX 78229Get Direction
SAN ANTONIO, TX 78240Get Direction
Dr. Mikael James Jacobson M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Jacobson
- Raising a Child with ADHD
Every parent wants their kids to be as healthy as they can. However, that is not always so easy.ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder) is a worry on many parents' minds. Raising a child with ADHD takes extra care. However, there are many ways to still be a great parent to ensure your...
- How Depression Affects Men and Women
How Common Is Depression in Men?Although it has been found that women experience depression two times more than men, this fact can't deny that men are as vulnerable to this mental disorder as women. According to research, over 6 million men in the U.S. suffer from clinical depression every year. The...
- 5 Tips on Living with Binge Eating Disorder
Tip 1: Develop a healthier relationship with foodBingeing can easily get out of control, as it is often not about what you consume or the amount but the feeling you get once you start eating. It is all about stuffing yourself to suppress your feelings. The act of eating replaces the feelings you...
- What Conditions Are Treatable with Cognitive Behavioral Therapy?
Behavioral and cognitive therapies are types of psychotherapies that follow scientific principles in assisting individuals how to change their thoughts, feelings, and behavior. They are practical approaches that aim at solving problems.An anxiety disorder may be present in people who experience...
- What Is Erectile Dysfunction: Get the Facts
Erectile dysfunction (ED) is a condition in which a man is unable to get or maintain an erection long enough during sexual activity to satisfy his sexual needs. The condition was referred as impotence before medical research highlighted the underlying causes. Most men encounter erection problems at...
- Treatment of Multiple Sclerosis
The following are some of the treatments of MS that focus on slowing the progression of the disease, speeding recovery from attacks, and managing symptoms.Treatments for MS Attacks...
- G. Surya8038 Wurz Bach Road San Antonio Texas 78229
- Dr. Yaman Zorlu Eksioglu M.D.90 Presidential Plz Syracuse NY 13202
- Dr. Anette S. Scott MD1202 East Sonterra Blvd San Antonio Texas 78258
- Dr. Hugo Rafael Hernandez M.D.343 West Houston Avenue San Antonio Texas 78205
- Dr. Walter Root20079 Stone Oak Parkway San Antonio Texas 78258
- Theresa Howell Williams30 Littlemill San Antonio Texas 78259