Dr. Brian Lea is a cardiologist practicing in Lexington, KY. Dr. Lea specializes in diagnosing, monitoring, and treating diseases or conditions of the heart and blood vessels and the cardiovascular system. These conditions include heart attacks, heart murmurs, coronary heart disease, and hypertension. Dr. Lea also practices preventative medicine, helping patients maintain a heart-healthy life.
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
Brian Alan Lea M.D.'s Practice location
Lexington, KY 40536Get Direction
PADUCAH, KY 42003Get Direction
Brian Alan Lea M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Stress Can Directly Affect a Woman's Heart
Results of a study presented in the Experimental Biology 2012 meeting in San Diego showed that coping with mental stress is harder on a woman's heart, when compared to that of men. Researcher Chester Ray, PhD, professor of medicine, and cellular and molecular physiology at Penn State's College of...
- Alternative Treatments for Atrial Fibrillation
Atrial fibrillation is a condition that causes abnormal vibrations in the heart chambers. It leads to changes in the heartbeat ratesand the pulse. As a result, it may cause clotting of blood in the heart chambers. Such quivering sensations are mostly experienced in the atria and ventricle chambers...
- Who Should You Call If You Have Congestive Heart Failure?
Heart failure should be treated early. With the right treatment, your life expectancy can be increased. Patients observing any of the symptoms related to congestive heart failure should never wait for the regular appointment dates. Instead, they should consult your doctor in no time to avoid further...
- Hydrochlorothiazide and Diabetes
DiabetesInsulin is a hormone that is secreted by the pancreas. Diabetes can develop when the pancreas stops secreting insulin or when the body becomes resistant to insulin. The most common type of diabetes is type 2 diabetes.According to the American Diabetes Association, more than 25 million people...
- What Is a Normal Heart Rate?
What is heart rate?The heart rate is the number of heartbeats that occur per minute. The normal heart rate depends from person-to-person. As people get older, the heart rate changes and pulse regularity may change, which can signify heart problems or other medical conditions. Your heart rate may...
- Natural Trans Fats May Not Negatively Affect Your Heart
Trans fats can be classified as natural and man-made. Natural trans fats are found in beef, pork, lamb, and dairy products. Man-made trans fats are used to increase the shelf life of many products, and these fats are found to increase the risk of heart disease and clogging the arteries. According to...
- Ernesto Ruiz-Rodriguez M.D.900 S Limestone Lexington KY 40536
- David Cassidy2325 The Woods Lane Lexington Kentucky 40502
- Khaled M. Ziada MD900 South Limestone Street Lexington Kentucky 40536-0200
- Suresh Rekhraj M.D.100 N Eagle Creek Dr Lexington KY 40509
- David L. Keedy M.D.1221 S Broadway Lexington KY 40504
- Adrian Werner Messerli MDGILL HEART INSTITUTE 800 ROSE ST LEXINGTON KY 40536