Patrick Michael Aquilina M.D.
Cardiac Electrophysiologist | Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology1235 Old York Road Suite 222 Abington PA, 19001
Dr. Patrick Aquilina is a Cardiac Electrophysicist practicing in Abington, PA. Dr. Aquilina performs testing procedures on patients hearts electrical system in order to assess timing and abnormalities associated with electrical activities of the heart. Adult Cardiac Electrophysiologists are trained to treat irregular heartbeats, and carry out electrophysiology studies or ablations.
Education and Training
Temple Univ Sch of Med, Philadelphia Pa 1998
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Cardiovascular Disease
- Mcp Hahnemann Univ, Cardiovascular Diseases; Lancaster Gen Hosp, Family Medicine
Patrick Michael Aquilina M.D.'s Practice location
Abington, PA 19001Get Direction
MILWAUKEE, WI 53226Get Direction
- What Is a Bubble Study?
What is a bubble study?A bubble study is a type of echocardiogram, which is the ultrasound of the heart. An echocardiogram is done to visualize the heart and its surrounding areas. Better images of the heart can be produced when a “contrast” is used during the echocardiogram. In a bubble study,...
- Reasons Why You Would Need an Ablation
What is catheter ablation?This is a surgical procedure that is used to correct heart irregularities. It involves the use of radio frequency energy to get rid of the heart tissues that cause irregular and rapid heartbeats. It can also be referred to as radio frequency ablation, and it has proved to...
- Different Types of Heart Doctors Explained
IntroductionDoctors who specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions or diseases of the cardiovascular system (the heart and blood vessels) are called heart doctors or cardiologists. These specialists are trained to identify, treat, and help prevent heart issues. There are also different...
- What Is an Arrhythmia?
An arrhythmia is the violations of the frequency, rhythm, and sequence of heart contractions.Why do arrythmias occur?...
- Heart Palpitations: What Is It and What Are the Causes?
Our heart rate is automatically controlled by the autonomic nervous system (ANS) that has two divisions: sympathetic and parasympathetic. The part of the ANS that is responsible for raising a person’s heart rate through the sympathetic plexus is the sympathetic division. The parasympathetic...
- Who Should You Call If You Have Congestive Heart Failure?
Heart failure should be treated early. With the right treatment, your life expectancy can be increased. Patients observing any of the symptoms related to congestive heart failure should never wait for the regular appointment dates. Instead, they should consult your doctor in no time to avoid further...
- Leonard Ilkhanoff MD3400 Spruce St Philadelphia PA 19104
- Maribel Hernandez MD100 E Lancaster Ave Wynnewood PA 19096
- Steven D Datorre M.D.210 W Atlantic Ave Haddon Heights NJ 08035
- Mohammad Ali Al-bataineh MD2945 N 5TH ST PHILADELPHIA PA 19133
- Steven Rothman MD100 E Lancaster Ave Wynnewood PA 19096
- Scott R. Spielman M.D.1650 Huntingdon Pike Jenkintown PA 19046