Dr. Steven Sugden is a psychiatrist practicing in Sacramento, CA. Dr. Sugden is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Sugden diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Sugden may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Sugden treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
Education and Training
Univ of Ut Sch of Med, Salt Lake Cty Ut 2002
- Contrasting molecular composition and channel properties of AMPA receptors on chick auditory and brainstem motor neurons.
- Development of the specialized AMPA receptors of auditory neurons.
- Developmental regulation of gene expression and astrocytic processes may explain selective hippocampal vulnerability.
- Univ Ca Davis Health System, Psychiatry
Dr. Steven Gregory Sugden M.D.'s Practice location
Sacramento, CA 95841Get Direction
SALT LAKE CITY, UT 84108Get Direction
Dr. Steven Gregory Sugden M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Understanding the Causes of Depression: Is Depression Hereditary?
While researchers are becoming increasingly aware that depression can be genetic, there is a need to shed more light on this issue because it is often misinterpreted. Is depression hereditary? Many people have the misconception that they will necessarily develop depression if their parents or any...
- Can ADHD Be Treated Only with Medication?
Medication alone isn’t enough. Medication for ADHD is not all about seeking the services of a doctor or physician. You need to design mechanisms you can use to tackle the challenges associated with ADHD so that you can lead a more peaceful and productive life. With the most reliable tips, you can...
- How Does Saphris Work?
Mechanism of ActionSaphris is an atypical antipsychotic used for the treatment of schizophrenia and bipolar disorder in both adults and children ages 10 years old and above. The drug's exact mechanism of action is still unknown. However, it is believed that like other antipsychotics, it interferes...
- How Is Insomnia Diagnosed?
Insomnia is the inability to sleep that people of all ages can experience. It may be caused by a wide range of factors including physical discomfort or psychological problems. There is a direct relationship between insomnia and psychosocial factors. Factors such as increased age, conflicts with...
- Mothers With Depression can Affect Their Children's Sleeping Patterns
A study published in the journal, Child Development, suggests that mothers who show signs of depression, or mothers who are depressed, are more likely to disrupt sleeping routine of their baby. In this study, researchers monitored mothers throughout the night, while they tended to their children....
- Understanding Intellectual Disability in Children
What is Intellectual Disability?Intellectual disability is characterized by the lack of skills or mental ability needed for everyday living. Individuals with intellectual disabilities are able to learn new skills but at a slower pace. The degrees of intellectual disability may vary from mild to...
- Robert James Spensley4217 Winding Woods Way Fair Oaks California 95628
- Dr. Smita Reddy Other2180 HARVARD ST STE 210 SACRAMENTO CA 95815
- Dr. Mark Chofla D.O.1909 Capitol Avenue Sacramento CA 95811
- Dr. Ronald P Risley MD440 Howe Ave Sacramento CA 95825
- Dr. Hisham Soliman MD510 Plaza Dr. Folsom CA 95630
- Dr. Mitchell Jay Galerkin M.D.1899 E ROSEVILLE PKWY ROSEVILLE CA 95661