JOSEPH BENEVENTO, MD, is a Board-Certified ophthalmologist specializing in the medical and surgical management of diseases affecting the retina and vitreous. His clinical interests include age related ...
OphthalmologyAmerican Board of OphthalmologyABO
- Ny Eye Ear Infirmary, Ophthalmology
- University of Chicago, Section of Gastroenterology and Nutrition
Dr. Joseph D Benevento MD's Practice location
Milford, CT 06460Get Direction
NEW ORLEANS, LA 70121Get Direction
Dr. Joseph D Benevento MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Benevento
- What are the Causes and Symptoms of Glaucoma?
Glaucoma is a group of conditions that leads to the impairment of the optic nerve that carries information from the eyes to the brain. It is a progressive condition, which, if not treated, may lead to complete loss of vision. The most common cause of this damage is the increase in the pressure...
- How is Conjunctivitis Contracted?
Conjunctivitis is a very common and unpleasant condition, especially for people that use contact lenses. Children can be equally affected by this disease, as well as adults. People who have conjunctivitis, also known as pink eye, can transmit the disease to their family or friends or anyone else...
- What are the Advantages and Disadvantages of LASIK Eye Surgery?
LASIK, or laser in situ keratomileusis, is a very popular surgical procedure to correct and improve vision, and reduces an individual's dependence on contact lenses and glasses. It is a very common refractive surgical procedure to correct different types of vision issues, including nearsightedness,...
- What are Eye Floaters?
Eye floaters are small, moving specks on the eyeball that often occur in one's field of vision. These grey or black dots, become more prominent while looking at a bright object. If the floaters are large they may shadow vision, but in most cases, eye floaters are harmless. People often neglect or...
- What Are the Side Effects of Lasik Eye Surgery?
Nearsightedness, farsightedness, and astigmatism are eye disorders that can be rectified through eye surgery, enabling you to avoid the tedium of using glasses and contact lenses to see distant objects and to read comfortably. In Lasik eye surgery, an excimer laser removes tissue from the cornea,...
- What Are Congenital Cataracts?
Cataracts can be present at birth – which is termed as congenital, and in other cases can develop later in life. Various studies have shown an estimation that one out of every 250 children will develop a cataract either prior to birth or during childhood. While the exact cause is unknown,...
- Dr. Jeffrey D Gold M.D.2440 Whitney Ave Hamden CT 06518
- Dr. James Weisz M.D.2119 Post Rd Fairfield CT 06824
- Dr. Delia M. Manjoney MD2720 Main Street Bridgeport Connecticut 06606
- Dr. Lori Dao MD1450 Chapel St New Haven CT 06511
- Dr. Brian M Debroff MD3060 Main St Stratford CT 06614
- Dr. Steven C. Thornquist M.D.2 Corporate Dr Trumbull CT 06611