Dr. David A Genn M.D.
Doctor1980 Crompond Rd Hudson Valley Hospit Cortlandt Manor NY, 10567
Dr. Genn is an award winning Board Certified Gastroenterologist specializing in the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of disease and disorders of the digestive tract. He has extensive experience treating ...
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Gastroenterology- 1993
- Top Doctor, New York Metro Area 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 Castle Connolly
- America’s Top Gastroenterologist 2011, 2012 Consumer Research Council
- Physician of the Quarter 2006 Hudson Valley Hospital Center
- Capsule Endoscopy
- Colorectal Cancer Screening
- Flexible Sigmoidoscopy
- Bravo Ph Testing
- Colon Cancer Screening
- Colonoscopy With Polypectomy
- Endoscopic Polypectomy
- Endoscopy (esophagus, Stomach, Small Intestine)
- Fecal Impaction Removal
- Gastric Tube Insertion
- Percutaneous Edoscopic Gastrostomy (peg)
- Screening Colonoscopy
- Therapeutic Colonoscopy
- Montefiore Medical Center Internal Medicine 1991
- New York Medical College at Westchester Medical Center Gastroenterology 1993
Experience & Accolades
- Attending Gastroenterologist1993Hudson Valley Hospital CenterSeasoned physician who coordinated with surgeons to provide Best Practice Medical Management of patients requiring immediate acute intervention. Managed acute care hospital inpatients from the Emergency Department, ICU, PCU, and Telemetry units.
- Partner2012 - 2013Hudson Valley Center for Digestive HealthOne of five gastroenterologists who established a state of the art Ambulatory Surgical Center. Appointed and served as President of Hudson Valley Center for Digestive Health. Generated quality metrics data for colonoscopy outcomes using GIQuIC.
- GI Consultant1997 - 2012New York State Veteran’s Home at MontroseEstablished and managed GI Clinic for Veterans. Conducted monthly rounds as the GI Consultant.
- Partner1993Mid-Hudson Gastroenterology, LLPConducted initial patient consultations and ongoing management of patients with a multitude of gastroenterological and liver diseases. Provided expert, quality and compassionate care and treatment to thousands of patients.
- Founding Partner2006 - 2011Cortlandt Office Based SurgeryPerformed thousands of elective endoscopic procedures at this JCAHO approved facility. Elected and served as Safety Officer who ensured and maintained OSHA compliance.
- Medical House Physician1993 - 1994Helen Hayes HospitalDesignated Night House Physician for Acute Care Rehabilitation Hospital. Provided compassionate and expert care to physically and neurologically impaired acutely ill patients.
Dr. David A Genn M.D.'s Practice location
Dr. David A Genn M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Genn
A Life Saver.
- Tips on Living with Leukemia
Leukemia is defined as the cancer of blood or bone marrow which is responsible for the production of blood cells. A person who has leukemia generally suffers from an abnormal production of blood cells specially leukocytes, also known as white blood cells, that are responsible to protect the body...
- How Serious Is Bell's Palsy?
What is Bell’s Palsy?Bell’s palsy is a medical condition that causes temporary weakness or paralysis of the facial muscles. This medical condition is named after the Scottish anatomist named Charles Bell. He was the first one to describe the condition. Bell's palsy usually happens when the...
- How to Speak with Your Partner About Colitis
When you are diagnosed with Colitis and have experienced its life-altering symptoms, it is hard to think about anything but your own physical pain and inconvenience. At some point, it becomes obvious to the people you share your life with that something serious is going on. Frequent trips to the...
- Anemia Symptoms
What is anemia?Anemia occurs when there are low levels of red blood cells (RBCs) in the body. Red blood cells are the ones that carry oxygen all over the body. So when a person's RBC count is lower than normal, it means that there is not enough oxygen in the blood, causing symptoms of anemia, such...
- What Is Pyrexia: Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Introduction Pyrexia is the medical term for fever, in which the human body temperature rises above the average normal (37 degrees Celsius or 98.6 degrees Fahrenheit). Pyrexia is one of the most common symptoms of numerous medical conditions.There are multiple factors can affect the normal body...
- Questions You Should Be Asking Your Doctor
IntroductionAlthough doctors have the best intentions, it does not always mean that they will perfectly recognize their patient’s greatest need. For this reason, patients also need to take an active role when it comes to communicating with their doctor.One of the best ways to make sure that...
- Dr. Sunitha Polepalle M.D.21 N PLANK RD NEWBURGH NY 12550
- Dr. Sunandan A Pandya MD12 Liberty Square Mall Stony Point NY 10980
- Dr. Steven B Kase M.D.222 BLOOMINGDALE RD FL 2 WHITE PLAINS NY 10605
- Mr. John Peter Stratis M.D.10 Capital Drive #100 Harrisburg PA 17110
- Dr. Winshih Chang MD664 Stoneleigh Ave Carmel NY 10512
- Dr. Yael Rappeport M.D.1978 CROMPOND RD CORTLANDT MANOR NY 10567