Dr. David A Genn M.D.
Doctor1980 Crompond Rd Hudson Valley Hospit Cortlandt Manor NY, 10567
Dr. Genn is an award winning Board Certified Gastroenterologist specializing in the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of disease and disorders of the digestive tract. He has extensive experience treating ...
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Gastroenterology- 1993
- Top Doctor, New York Metro Area2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014Castle Connolly
- America’s Top Gastroenterologist2011, 2012Consumer Research Council
- Physician of the Quarter2006Hudson Valley Hospital Center
- Capsule Endoscopy
- Colorectal Cancer Screening
- Flexible Sigmoidoscopy
- Bravo Ph Testing
- Colon Cancer Screening
- Colonoscopy With Polypectomy
- Endoscopic Polypectomy
- Endoscopy (esophagus, Stomach, Small Intestine)
- Fecal Impaction Removal
- Gastric Tube Insertion
- Percutaneous Edoscopic Gastrostomy (peg)
- Screening Colonoscopy
- Therapeutic Colonoscopy
- Montefiore Medical Center Internal Medicine 1991
- New York Medical College at Westchester Medical Center Gastroenterology 1993
Experience & Accolades
- Attending Gastroenterologist1993Hudson Valley Hospital CenterSeasoned physician who coordinated with surgeons to provide Best Practice Medical Management of patients requiring immediate acute intervention. Managed acute care hospital inpatients from the Emergency Department, ICU, PCU, and Telemetry units.
- Partner2012 - 2013Hudson Valley Center for Digestive HealthOne of five gastroenterologists who established a state of the art Ambulatory Surgical Center. Appointed and served as President of Hudson Valley Center for Digestive Health. Generated quality metrics data for colonoscopy outcomes using GIQuIC.
- GI Consultant1997 - 2012New York State Veteran’s Home at MontroseEstablished and managed GI Clinic for Veterans. Conducted monthly rounds as the GI Consultant.
- Partner1993Mid-Hudson Gastroenterology, LLPConducted initial patient consultations and ongoing management of patients with a multitude of gastroenterological and liver diseases. Provided expert, quality and compassionate care and treatment to thousands of patients.
- Founding Partner2006 - 2011Cortlandt Office Based SurgeryPerformed thousands of elective endoscopic procedures at this JCAHO approved facility. Elected and served as Safety Officer who ensured and maintained OSHA compliance.
- Medical House Physician1993 - 1994Helen Hayes HospitalDesignated Night House Physician for Acute Care Rehabilitation Hospital. Provided compassionate and expert care to physically and neurologically impaired acutely ill patients.
Dr. David A Genn M.D.'s Practice location
Dr. David A Genn M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Genn
A Life Saver.
- Cough Medicine for Cystic Fibrosis
Medications for cystic fibrosis can help control the mucus in the lungs and keep the lungs’ normal functioning as much as possible. What is cystic fibrosis?Cystic fibrosis is a genetic disease known to affect the cells that make mucus, digestive fluids, and sweat. Usually, these fluids are thin...
- Understanding Clinical Depression
Clinical depression is a serious medical illness that negatively affects how an individual feels, thinks, and how he or she acts. Depression varies from mild to severe, and in certain instances the individual can experience temporary episodes of sadness.Clinical depression is also known as major...
- What is a Yeast Infection?
Candidiasis is a type of fungal infection resulting from overgrowth of the yeast genus, Candida. The most predominant species in this genus is Candida albicans. The yeast survives in different parts of our body, including the skin, genitals, throat, and mouth. Growth of these organisms commonly...
- Anemia Symptoms
What is anemia?Anemia occurs when there are low levels of red blood cells (RBCs) in the body. Red blood cells are the ones that carry oxygen all over the body. So when a person's RBC count is lower than normal, it means that there is not enough oxygen in the blood, causing symptoms of anemia, such...
- Questions You Should Be Asking Your Doctor
IntroductionAlthough doctors have the best intentions, it does not always mean that they will perfectly recognize their patient’s greatest need. For this reason, patients also need to take an active role when it comes to communicating with their doctor.One of the best ways to make sure that...
- What Is Pyrexia: Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Introduction Pyrexia is the medical term for fever, in which the human body temperature rises above the average normal (37 degrees Celsius or 98.6 degrees Fahrenheit). Pyrexia is one of the most common symptoms of numerous medical conditions.There are multiple factors can affect the normal body...
- Dr. Sunandan A Pandya MD12 Liberty Square Mall Stony Point NY 10980
- Dr. Sunitha Polepalle M.D.21 N PLANK RD NEWBURGH NY 12550
- Dr. William Paul Klein M.D.60 Dutch Hill Rd Orangeburg NY 10962
- Dr. Joel H Selter M.D.222 Route 59 Suffern NY 10901
- Dr. Julia Kaplun M.D.222 Route 59 Suffern NY 10901
- Dr. Elfrida Shandar Malkin M.D.90 N Broadway Nyack NY 10960