Dr. Dana Carlson is a general surgeon practicing in Minneapolis, MN. Dr. Carlson specializes in abdominal contents including the esophagus, stomach, liver, gallbladder, pancreas and often thyroid glands. General surgeons are able to deal with almost any surgical or critical care emergency, also involving the skin or soft tissue trauma. Dr. Carlson provides quality surgical service for gravely ill or injured patients and is able to respond quickly due to knowledge of various surgical procedures.
Education and Training
Univ of Mn Med Sch-Minneapolis, Minneapolis Mn 1993
University of Minnesota Medical School 1993
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS
- Breast Cancer
- Hennepin Co Med Ctr, General Surgery
- Hennepin Co Med Center
- Hennepin County Medical Center Program
Dr. Dana M Carlson MD's Practice location
Minneapolis, MN 55432Get Direction
Osseo, MN 55369Get Direction
Dr. Dana M Carlson MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Carlson
- What You Need to Know About Incisional Hernias
What is a Hernia?A hernia is a medical condition that results from tissue or organs protruding through the abdominal walls. This protrusion is due to a weakness or hole in a muscle. The condition might start without any symptoms, but can lead to serious problems like death if left unattended. Hernia...
- What is Gallstone Removal?
Gallstones just like other stones such as kidney stones, can be very commonly found. However, their symptoms are not very visible. Someone could be suffering from gallstones and be completely unaware. Gallstones are essentially hard, stone-like deposits present in the gallbladder, which is a...
- What to Expect After a Laparoscopy
Laparoscopic ProcedureA laparoscopic surgery is done to deal with abdominal organ problems. A small equipment known as the laparoscope is used to locate and identify defective abdominal organs. Small cuts or incisions are made in the abdomen and the laparoscope is inserted through the incisions,...
- Understanding Hernia and Hernia Surgery
Feeling pain and swelling in the groin region can be a very unpleasant experience, especially when the pain gets worse when you cough or lift heavy objects. Experiencing these symptoms might signify the presence of groin hernia. A groin hernia is usually referred to in medical terms as an inguinal...
- How to Prepare for a Cholecystectomy
Cholecystectomy is a surgery done to remove the gallbladder. Such procedure is performed as a result of many causes. In most cases, a cholecystectomy is performed to relieve the patient from complications caused by the inflammation of the gallbladder.A gallbladder is an organ that is located just...
- How to Prepare for a Tonsillectomy
What Is a Tonsillectomy?The tonsils are a very important part of your body. They are located in two glands at the back of your throat. In your younger years, they help produce antibodies that help you fight infections that attack your body. Sometimes, however, the tonsils themselves can get...
- Dr. Adam Bakker MD4010 West 65th Street Edina MN 55435
- Richard C. Daly FNP-C333 Washington Ave N Minneapolis MN 55401
- Mr. Eric Thomas Becken MD2080 Woodwinds Dr Saint Paul MN 55125
- Dr. Steven T Mestitz MD3366 Oakdale Ave N Minneapolis MN 55422
- Mr. Thomas Luke Okner MD2080 WOODWINDS DRIVE WOODBURY MN 55125
- Dr. Kenneth K Liao MD909 FULTON ST SE MINNEAPOLIS MN 55455