Dr. Connie J Beehler M.D.
Pulmonologist | Pulmonary Disease555 S 70th St Lincoln NE, 68510
Dr. Connie Beehler practices Pulmonology in Lincoln, NE. A pulmonologist is a physician who possesses specialized knowledge and skill in the diagnosis and treatment of pulmonary conditions and diseases. Dr. Beehler manages patients who need life support and mechanical ventilation, and is specially trained in diseases and conditions of the chest, particularly pneumonia, asthma, tuberculosis, emphysema, and complicated chest infections.
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Neutrophils and adult respiratory distress syndrome: two interlocking perspectives in 1991.
- The impact of a clinical rotation in hospice: medical students' perspectives.
- Human phagocytic cells as oxygen metabolite scavengers.
- Persistent bactericidal defect in neutrophils from a young woman who recovered from toxic shock syndrome.
- Erythrocytes from cigarette smokers contain more glutathione and catalase and protect endothelial cells from hydrogen peroxide better than do erythrocytes from nonsmokers.
- Xanthine oxidase promotes neutrophil sequestration but not injury in hyperoxic lungs.
- Postinsult treatment with N-acetyl-L-cysteine decreases IL-1-induced neutrophil influx and lung leak in rats.
Dr. Connie J Beehler M.D.'s Practice location
Lincoln, NE 68510Get Direction
SCOTTSBLUFF, NE 69361Get Direction
Dr. Connie J Beehler M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Beehler
- Gene Therapy to Treat Cystic Fibrosis Could Be Available by 2020
Worldwide, more than 30,000 individuals are living with cystic fibrosis (CF) and each year, around 1,000 new cases of CF are detected. Cystic fibrosis is a severe genetic condition brought about by a faulty gene known as CFTR (cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator). The gene makes a...
- Everything About the Mycoplasma pneumoniae Infection
Mycoplasma pneumoniae is a bacterium that causes an infectious respiratory infection. Mycoplasma pneumoniae can spread very easily from person to person via airborne droplets.Lung infections caused by M. pneumoniae can become very serious affecting your heart and nervous system if left...
- Community-Acquired Pneumonia: Causes, Symptoms, and Management
Community-acquired pneumonia (CAP) refers to pneumonia that develops in people with very less or no contact with any medical setting such as a hospital or clinic. Most of the time, the people who are infected with CAP are healthy individuals.Background of the DiseaseFour million cases...
- Rapid Shallow Breathing (Tachypnea): Causes and Treatments
What is rapid shallow breathing?Rapid, shallow breathing, also medically called as tachypnea, is a term used to describe a breathing that is too fast, particularly when people have it due to a lung disease or other health conditions. Sometimes, rapid, shallow breathing and hyperventilation...
- What is Lupus?
Lupus is a chronic inflammatory autoimmune disease that attacks the body’s healthy cells, tissues, and organs. The inflammation can damage the skin, joints, kidneys, lungs, heart, brain, and blood vessels.Normally, the body’s immune system produces antibodies. These antibodies protect and fight...
- New, Promising Cystic Fibrosis Drug Needs Funding
Canada has the highest rate of cystic fibrosis in the entire world, with approximately 1 in 134 citizens suffering from the disease. However, a recent drug that has been found to be "life changing" for some cystic fibrosis patients is not being funded.Official responseHealth Minister Adrian Dix...
- Matt Maslonka1500 S. 48th Street Suite 800 Lincoln NE 68506-1200
- Dr. Timothy Richard Lieske M.D.2222 S 16th St Lincoln NE 68502
- Dr. John H. Rudersdorf M.D.1500 S 48th St Lincoln NE 68506
- Dr. Sean G Barry M.D.1500 S 48TH ST STE 800 LINCOLN NE 68506
- Dr. Lisa I Mansur MD3401 Plantation Dr Lincoln NE 68516
- Dr. Douglas Robert Fiedler MD1500 S 48th St Lincoln NE 68506