Dr. Joseph E. Nicholson M.D.
Anesthesiologist1600 Carraway Blvd Birmingham AL, 35234
Dr. Joseph Nicholson is an anesthesiologist practicing in Birmingham, AL. Dr. Nicholson ensures the safety of patients who are about to undergo surgery. Anestesiologists specialize in general anesthesia, which will (put the patient to sleep), sedation, which will calm the patient or make him or her unaware of the situation, and regional anesthesia, which just numbs a specific part of the body. As an anesthesiologist, Dr. Nicholson also might help manage pain after an operation.
Education and Training
U of Tx Med Sch At Houston, Houston Tx 1986
University of Texas At Houston / Medical School At Houston 1986
AnesthesiologyAmerican Board of AnesthesiologyABA
- Univ Of Al Hosp, Anesthesiology; Baptist Hlth System Inc, Flexible Or Transitional Year
- Baptist Health System Inc
Dr. Joseph E. Nicholson M.D.'s Practice location
Birmingham, AL 35234Get Direction
BESSEMER, AL 35022Get Direction
Dr. Joseph E. Nicholson M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Nicholson
- Being a Registered Nurse: Understanding the Salary and How to Earn More
There are absolutely different types of jobs that are out there for those who are looking to work as a nurse! And, the salary is higher than some might expect. With more nurses needed in the coming years, this is a job that can be great for those looking to give back in a great paying job that will...
- Could this Genetic Discovery Lead to Better Rheumatoid Arthritis Treatment?
There have been a number of different treatment options for rheumatoid arthritis that utilize exercising, diets, and antibiotics. Many previously thought that arthritis is a result of natural aging processes and poor fitness habits. However, a new study suggests that this disorder may actually be in...
- What Is the Epiglottis?
What is Epiglottis?Epiglottis is a elastic flap of tissue that is shaped like a thin leaf and situated at the root of the tongue. It protects the opening between the vocal cords, known as the entrance of the glottis. Epiglottis is covered with mucous membrane, which is a yellow elastic cartilage...
- Recovery After a Laminectomy
Laminectomy is a surgical procedure done for the removal of the lamina, bone spurs, and ligaments that may be putting pressure on your spinal nerves and causing lower back pain. The procedure is said to be one of the most commonly performed back surgeries. Below is a detailed information on what...
- What Are the Risks of Laminectomy?
Your doctor will first attempt to give you other alternative treatments before recommending surgery. If your back pain still persists after treatment, your doctor may suggest for surgery as one of the solutions. Laminectomy is the most probable surgical procedure that you will have to undergo.Facts...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- Dr. Thomas Richard Vetter MD619 19th St S Birmingham AL 35233
- Dr. Jason Lynn Mckeown MD1201 11TH AVE S BIRMINGHAM AL 35205
- Dr. Mali Mathru MD619 19th Street South Birmingham AL 35233
- Dr. Perry W Smith MD619 19th Street South Birmingham AL 35233
- Dr. Timothy J Ness MD619 19th Street South Birmingham AL 35233
- Dr. James Paul Beretta M.D., D.O.2501 Meadowview Lane Pelham AL 35124