Dr. Anthony John Schaeffer M.D.
UrologistJohns Hopkins Hospital Dept Of Gen Surgery-Urology Blalock 655 600 N. W Baltimore MD, 21287
Dr. Anthony Schaeffer is a urologist practicing in Baltimore, MD. Dr. Schaeffer specializes in diseases of the urinary tract and the male reproductive system. This includes areas of the bladder, urethra, kidneys, penis and prostate. Urology is a surgical specialty and requires knowledge in other areas of expertise such as gynecology and internal medicine due to the variety of clinical problems that are involved.
Education and Training
U Of Chgo Div Of Bio Sci Pritzker Sch Of Med 2006
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Canine feces as a reservoir of extraintestinal pathogenic Escherichia coli.
- Prostatectomy incontinence.
- New concepts in the pathogenesis of urinary tract infections.
- The expanding role of fluoroquinolones.
- Mast cell activation triggers a urothelial inflammatory response mediated by tumor necrosis factor-alpha.
- Clonal diversity of Escherichia coli colonizing stools and urinary tract infections of young girls.
- Clonal and pathotypic analysis of archetypal Escherichia coli cystitis isolate NU14.
- Empiric use of trimethoprim-sulfamethoxazole(TMP-SMX) in the treatment of women with uncomplicated urinary tract infections, in a geographic area with a high prevalence of TMP-SMX-resistant uropathogens.
- Prevalence and predictors of trimethoprim-sulfamethoxazole resistance among uropathogenic Escherichia coli isolates in Michigan.
- Molecular epidemiology and evolution of resistance to quinolones in Escherichia coli after prolonged administration of ciprofloxacin in patients with prostatitis.
- Recurrent urinary tract infections in infancy: relapses or reinfections?
- The impact of empirical management of acute cystitis on unnecessary antibiotic use.
- Urinary tract infection in individuals with spinal cord lesion.
- Antimicrobial prophylaxis for urinary tract infection in persons with spinal cord dysfunctions.
Dr. Anthony John Schaeffer M.D.'s Practice location
Baltimore, MD 21287Get Direction
SALT LAKE CITY, UT 84113Get Direction
Baltimore, MD 21287Get Direction
- 5 Tips on Living with Erectile Dysfunction
5 Tips on Living with Erectile DysfunctionErectile dysfunction is a condition that not only causes physical problems but psychological ones too. It leads to strain in relationships and even break-ups in marriages. Both sexual partners are emotionally affected.There are means which you can use to...
- What is Bladder Cancer: Get the Facts
What is Bladder Cancer?: Get the FactsBladder cancer is a condition caused by Bladder abnormal tissue/cell growth also known as tumor. As its name suggests, Bladder Cancer occurs as a result of abnormal growth of cells lining the Bladder. The tumor spreads into the adjacent muscles and other cells...
- When Should I Get Checked for Prostate Cancer?
When Should I Get Checked For Prostate Cancer?Prostate cancer is more likely to occur in men aged between forty and seventy years. It is therefore important to be aware of the signs and symptoms of prostate cancer. Symptoms warrant a visit to the doctor as soon as possible.Deciding on whether or not...
- What is Hydrocele?
Hydrocele is a medical condition in which the scrotum becomes swollen because of buildup of fluid in the processus vaginalis. It is an uncomfortable situation that if left as is could disappear on its own (in the cases of one-year-olds and below), but should be dealt with in time to reduce the...
- What Causes Testicular Cancer?
If you were to pose this simple question to your doctor, you would get the response that science does not know for sure what triggers cancer in the testes. But if you were to dig a little deeper, you may be drawn into a discussion on chromosomes and genes, the basic building blocks of life, and how...
- What Occurs During The Different Stages of Prostate Cancer?
What Occurs During The Different Stages of Prostate Cancer?Prostate cancer is an infection of the prostate which causes abnormal growth of cells on the prostate gland. Prostate cancer is known to inhabit the body of an individual for a long time before displaying any symptoms. During the first...
- Dr. Stephen Michael Schatz MD4940 Eastern Ave Baltimore MD 21224
- Dr. Karen Elizabeth Boyle M.D.6535 N CHARLES ST TOWSON MD 21204
- Mrs. Victoria Ruth Staiman M.D.10700 Charter Dr Columbia MD 21044
- Dr. Trinity J Bivalacqua MD PHD600 N Wolfe St Baltimore MD 21287
- Dr. Stanley B Silber MD301 Saint Paul Pl Baltimore MD 21202
- Dr. Julio G Davalos MD806 Landmark Dr Glen Burnie MD 21061