Dr. Andrea Lewis practices Sleep Medicine in Jackson, MS. Dr. Lewis studies, diagnoses, and treats sleep disturbances and disorders due to varying factors. Sleep Medicine Physicians are trained to treat many different conditions, including insomnia, narcolepsy, sleep apnea, idiopathic hypersomnia, menstrual-related hypersomnia, and circadian rhythm disturbances, among others.
Education and Training
University of Mississippi School of Medicine 2004
OtolaryngologyAmerican Board of OtolaryngologyABOto- Sleep Medicine
OtolaryngologyAmerican Board of OtolaryngologyABOto
- Sleep Apnea
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea (osa)
Dr. Andrea Lewis MD's Practice location
Dr. Andrea Lewis MD's reviewsWrite Review
- The Relationship Between Sudden Cardiac Death and Sleep Apnea
Sleep apnea is a common sleep disorder in the United States, although many people don't realize that it can be very dangerous. It is often called a minor sleep disturbance, without realizing the fact that it is associated with many life-threatening conditions.Sleep apnea can increase blood pressure,...
- Researchers Identified the Neurons that Rouse the Brain
These group of neurons could well form the target of future therapies for sleep apneaSleep and alertness are two opposite conditions, disbalance in any of them may disturb the functioning of various organs and the overall health condition. Globally almost one-fourth of people suffer from some kind...
- Texas Rangers First Baseman Speaks About His Struggle with Sleep Apnea
Mike Napoli started his professional baseball career back in 2001, but it was not until 2006 that he debuted in the Major League Baseball, which was a milestone for him as he hit a homerun in his first match. His career continued to soar in the following years. However, in 2014, he suffered from few...
- Is Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Treatable?
Chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) refers to the persistent, extreme tiredness that is not caused by any underlying medical conditions, and affects the normal day-to-day activities. The fatigue in this case may continue for more than six months and may be accompanied by other symptoms, like joint pain....
- What is Sleep Apnea?
This is a sleep disorder which remains undiagnosed in most cases. In this disorder, a person’s breathing stops or gets interrupted during sleep, affecting the oxygen distribution to different organs. People affected by sleep apnea often stop sleeping briefly during the night.Two types of sleep...
- What are the Causes of Sleep Deprivation?
If you are still feeling drowsy after a full nights sleep, you may have a sleeping disorder. The amount of sleep one requires may differ depending on the individual. Most adults require up to nine hours of sleep a day. Some may require as less as five hours, while there are some who will feel fresh...
- Dr. Naveed Ahmad M.D.2500 N State St Jackson MS 39216
- Dr. Rafat Owais Mohammed M.D.2500 N State St Jackson MS 39216
- Dr. Mohammad Iftekhar Ullah MD2500 North State Street Jackson MS 39216
- Dr. Allen Carl Richert M.D.2500 N State St Jackson MS 39216
- Dr. Parveen Kumar M.D.299 Highway 51 Ridgeland MS 39157
- Dr. Shashidhar M Shettar M.D.2500 N STATE ST JACKSON MS 39216