Dr. Aseem Ravindra Shukla MD
Urologist (Pediatric) | Pediatric Urology34th & Civic Center Blvd Children's Hospital Philadelphia PA, 19104
Dr. Aseem Shukla practices Pediatric Urology in Philadelphia, PA. Pediatric urologists treat young patients who suffer from an illness or disease of the genitals or urinary tract, including the kidneys, ureters, bladder. As a pediatric urologist, Dr. Shukla is a surgeon who diagnoses, treats, and manages voiding disorders, vesicoureteral reflux, and urinary tract infections that require surgery. Some procedures that Dr. Shukla performs include surgical reconstruction of the urinary tract, hypospadias, and disorders of sex development; surgery for groin conditions in childhood; evaluation and surgical management of kidney stone disease; and surgical management of tumors and malignancies of the kidney, bladder, and testis.
UrologyAmerican Board of UrologyABU- Pediatric Urology
- Effect of green tea polyphenols on the genes with atherosclerotic potential.
- Complex cloacal anomaly in discordant monozygotic twins.
- Robot-assisted laparoscopic ureteroureterostomy for proximal ureteral obstructions in children.
- Editorial comment.
- Risk factors and treatment success for ureteral obstruction after pediatric renal transplantation.
- Bladder malignancies in children aged <18 years: results from the Surveillance, Epidemiology and End Results database.
- Stone size is only independent predictor of shock wave lithotripsy success in children: a community experience.
- Preoperative stone attenuation value predicts success after shock wave lithotripsy in children.
- Sterile abscess formation in response to two separate branded long-acting gonadotropin-releasing hormone agonists.
- Impact of global medicine on urologic education.
- Pediatric extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy: Predicting successful outcomes.
- Posterior urethral valve treatments and outcomes in children receiving kidney transplants.
- Transition from open to robotic-assisted pediatric pyeloplasty: a feasibility and outcome study.
- Complete urethral duplication: description of surgical approach mimicking distal epispadias repair.
- Commentary to 'analysis of indications for ureteral reimplantation in 3738 children with vesicoureteral reflux: a single institutional cohort'.
- Children'S Hosp-Philadelphia, Pediatric Urology; Univ Of S Fl Coll Of Med, General Surgery
Dr. Aseem Ravindra Shukla MD's Practice location
Philadelphia, PA 19104Get Direction
Minneapolis, MN 55455Get Direction
Dr. Aseem Ravindra Shukla MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Shukla
- What Are the Risks of Hydrocelectomy
Hydrocelectomy, also called hydrocele repair, is a surgical procedure that aims to remove or repair a hydrocele, a sac of fluid that forms around a testicle, causing swelling and pain.Hydrocelectomy is like all other surgeries—risky, and one may get hurt during the procedure, react to the...
- How to Prepare for Hydrocelectomy
Hydrocelectomy refers to a surgical procedure done for the purpose of repairing or removing a hydrocele, a buildup of watery fluid around one or both testicles. This sac swells as fluid accumulates, causing discomfort but usually no pain. Since hydrocelectomy involves a sensitive part of the...
- What Is an Orchiopexy Surgery?
Orchiopexy is a surgical procedure that corrects the position of undescended testicles inside the scrotum. Orchiopexy is performed to male children to correct cryptorchidism, a medical term used for any undescended testicles. Orchiopexy can also be performed to male adults or adolescents, which may...
- What Is The Point of a Circumcision?
What Is The Point of a Circumcision?Circumcision is one of the oldest social and cultural practices of man. Its origin is not known, but centuries of the removal of the foreskin has been practiced by many communities. Different communities hold various beliefs concerning circumcision.Some consider...
- What Is Hydrocele Repair?
Hydrocele repair is a surgical process that aims to correct the swelling of the scrotum that occurs as a result of hydroceles. A hydrocele is a painless buildup of fluid around the testicles. Fluid buildup causes the scrotum and the groin area to swell. This swelling can make you uncomfortable even...
- Causes and Helpful Tips for Enuresis (Bedwetting)
What is enuresis?Enuresis, also called nocturnal enuresis, is the medical term for bedwetting or urinating during sleep. Bedwetting is usually part of a child’s development. It is fairly common among children and is slightly more common in boys.Most children outgrow bedwetting without any...