Dr. Frederic Ekrem is a physiatrist practicing in Eau Claire, WI. Dr. Ekrem is a medical doctor specializing in physical medicine and rehabilitation. As a physiatrist, Dr. Ekrem focuses on a patients ability to function, and can treat multiple conditions that affect the brain, nerves, spine, bones, muscles, joints, ligaments and tendons. Dr. Ekrem can diagnose and treat pain that is a result of injury, disease or a disabling condition. Physiatrists often lead a team of physical therapists, occupational therapists and physicians in a patients treatment or prevention plan.
Education and Training
Univ of Mn Med Sch-Minneapolis, Minneapolis Mn 1972
University of Mn Med Sch 1972
Physical Medicine and RehabilitationAmerican Board of Physical Medicine and RehabilitationABPMR
- Mayo Grad Sch Med/Mayo Fndn, Physical Medicine And Rehabilitation Fairview-Univ Med Ctr, Family Practice Fairview-Univ Med Ctr, Flexible Or Transitional Year
- Mayo Clinic-Rochester
Dr. Frederic P. Ekrem MD's Practice location
Eau Claire, WI 54701Get Direction
Dr. Frederic P. Ekrem MD's reviewsWrite Review
- What Is a Physiatrist?
What is a physiatrist?A physiatrist is a medical doctor or a doctor of osteopathic medicine who practices physiatry or physical medicine and rehabilitation. Physiatry is a branch of medicine that specializes in the prevention, diagnosis, treatment, as well as rehabilitation of disorders, which...
- Reduce the Risk of Osteoporosis
Diets for OsteoporosisThe type of food you eat has a significant impact on your bones. Being informed of the foods that are highly enriched in calcium and vitamin D will always help you in making healthy food choices.If you take a well-balanced diet rich in fruits, vegetables, dairy, and fish,...
- Muscular Dystrophy: Telling a Child the Truth About His/Her Condition
Muscular dystrophy is a category of muscle diseases that cause progressive weakness and loss of muscle mass. Muscular dystrophy (MD) is either inherited or can be due to a genetic mutation. Kids with MD usually follow a normal pattern of growth development in the first few years of their lives,...
- Top 5 Natural Supplements for Muscular Dystrophy
What is muscular dystrophy?Muscular dystrophy is a group of disorders that cause skeletal muscle degeneration, decreased flexibility, and progressive weakness. In muscular dystrophy, the abnormal mutation of genes interferes with the production of proteins, which are needed for healthy muscle...
- How to Prepare for a Laminectomy
Laminectomy is a procedure where a surgeon removes a part or more parts of your vertebrae or any ligaments on your spinal cord that exert pressure on the nerves. Laminectomy is said to be the most common back surgery performed for disability and pain. The following are some expectations before,...
- Autism: The Early Signs and Symptoms
Social DifficultiesSocial disconnection is one of the most obvious signs of autism. Children with autism may appear uninterested, or unable to communicate and connect to the social world. Children with autism may not respond to their name being called, and may seem very distant. This is because they...
- Dr. Daniel Peter Sipple DO1221 Whipple St Eau Claire WI 54703
- Dr. Jay Davis Loftsgaarden MD1400 Bellinger St Eau Claire WI 54703
- Dr. Laura Elizabeth Peter M.D.733 W Clairemont Ave Eau Claire WI 54701
- Dr. Catherine K Schmidt DO1400 Bellinger St Eau Claire WI 54703
- Dr. John T. Lamoureux MD900 W Clairemont Ave Eau Claire WI 54701
- Dr. Lang Jacobson M.D.620 John Paul Jones Cir Portsmouth VA 23708