Dr. Eugene Harold Hirsh M.D.
Gastroenterologist | Gastroenterology5669 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd Ne Suite 270 Atlanta GA, 30342
Dr. Eugene Hirsh is a gastroenterologist practicing in Atlanta, GA. Dr. Hirsh specializes in the digestive system and its diseases that affect the gastrointestinal tract, which include organs from the mouth to the anus as well as liver disorders. Gastroenterology includes conditions such as hepatitis, peptic ulcer disease, colitis, nutritional problems and irritable bowel syndrome. Dr. Hirsh performs colonoscopy and endoscopy procedures and provides accurate and thorough care for patients suffering from digestive issues.
Education and Training
University At Buffalo SUNY School Of Med and Biomedical Sciences Buffalo Ny 1975
University at Buffalo State University of New York School of Medicine & Biomedical Sciences 1975
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Gastroenterology- 1981
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- 2012 Atlanta Super Doctors
- Ulcers, Biliary Disorders (gallbladder And Bile Ducts), Colitis And More
- Acid Reflux
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Hepatitis C
- Member Emory Healthcare Network Physician
Dr. Eugene Harold Hirsh M.D.'s Practice location
Atlanta, GA 30342Get Direction
Atlanta, GA 30342Get Direction
Dr. Eugene Harold Hirsh M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Hirsh
Shockingly Poor Customer Service.
- The History of Celiac Disease: Celiac 101
Once upon a time, man had a simple relationship with food. His job was to hunt and gather. His diet primarily consisted of nuts, fruit, berries and when available, meat and fish. With the agricultural revolution, hunting and gathering was replaced by domestication of crops and animals.Celiac disease...
- What Is the Main Cause of Liver Cancer?
What is the main function of the liver?The liver serves as one of the most useful organs in the human body. It carries out many important functions that help sustain life and keep balance within the body. The liver does the following functions:...
- What are the Causes of Abdominal Pain?
A pain that may start or spread from anywhere in between the chest to the pelvic region is often referred to as abdominal pain. Abdominal pain is of different types. Some of them are acute, while others are chronic. Some of them may be rated as mild, while others may range between moderate and...
- Drugs for Heartburn May Cause Hip Fractures
Long-term use of proton pump inhibitors (PPIs), the major class of heartburn drugs, may result in fractures of the hip in postmenopausal women with a history of smoking. The results of the study, published in the journal BMJ, shows that the risk of a hip fracture is not lowered even after stopping...
- What Can I Eat if I Have Celiac Disease?
What is gluten?Gluten is the entire protein content found in wheat, rye, and barley. Gluten is found in flour as well. It is the gluten that helps to prevent the crumbling of bread and other baked products. This characteristic feature of gluten has made it very popular and is now used in almost all...
- Treatment of Dysphagia (Swallowing Problems)
What is dysphagia?Dysphagia is a disorder in which a person is unable to swallow food or is having difficulty in moving food down to the stomach. The throat or esophageal muscles are unable to work properly, and that leads to this disease. It is usually seen in children, old aged persons, and people...
- Dr. Dennis Ernest DiSantis M.D.2675 North Decatur Road Decatur Georgia 30033
- Dr. Manan B Shah M.D.95 Collier Rd Nw Atlanta GA 30309
- Dr. Cristina Sobrado Marin M.D.69 Jesse Hill Jr Atlanta GA 30303
- Dr. Thomas P Mcgahan M.D.5669 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd Ne Atlanta GA 30342
- Dr. Michael C. Flood M.D.80 JESSE HILL JR DR SE ATLANTA GA 30303
- Dr. Srinivasa Ayinala MD748 Old Norcross Rd Lawrenceville GA 30045