With funding from NIH, CDC, AHRQ, the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, New York State Department of Health, New York City Department of Health, and industry, Dr. Alain Litwin's research is focused on d ...
Education and Training
Tulane University of Louisiana 1997
Tulane University School of Medicine 1997
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Integrating services for injection drug users infected with hepatitis C virus with methadone maintenance treatment: challenges and opportunities.
- Student volunteers screen drug users for viral hepatitis.
- Successful integration of hepatitis C evaluation and treatment services with methadone maintenance.
- Hepatitis C testing practices and prevalence in a high-risk urban ambulatory care setting.
- Low rates of hepatitis A and B vaccination in patients with chronic hepatitis C at an urban methadone maintenance program.
- Concurrent group treatment for hepatitis C: implementation and outcomes in a methadone maintenance treatment program.
- Models of care for the management of hepatitis C virus among people who inject drugs: one size does not fit all.
- Physician nonadherence with a hepatitis C screening program.
- Reducing barriers to hepatitis C treatment among drug users: an integrated hepatitis C peer education and support program.
- Hepatitis infection in the treatment of opioid dependence and abuse.
- The common sense model applied to hepatitis C: a qualitative analysis of the
- Excluding people who use drugs or alcohol from access to hepatitis C treatments – Is this fair, given the available data?
- A Birth-cohort testing intervention identified hepatitis c virus infection among patients with few identified risks: a cross-sectional study.
- No Differences in Achieving Hepatitis C Virus Care Milestones Between Patients Identified by Birth Cohort or Risk-Based Screening.
- Chronic Kidney Disease
- Hepatitis C
- Bellevue Hosp-Nyu
- NYU Langone Medical Center
Dr. Alain H Litwin MD, MPH's Practice location
Bronx, NY 10467Get Direction
Dr. Alain H Litwin MD, MPH's reviewsWrite Review
- Can You Overdose on Xanax? How Much Xanax Does it Take to Overdose?
Before Taking this DrugInform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions before taking Xanax (alprazolam):...
- Flakka: A Gravel Guised Fatal Drug
Flakka, an addictive drug that looks similarly to gravel is considered to be closely related with the synthetic cathinone. The drug is known to cause long-lasting damage to the brain cells and can alter the brain's chemistry in such a way that users can lose touch with reality. Having manufactured...
- Is Gastroenteritis Related to Drug Withdrawal?
The symptoms accompanying drug withdrawal can be psychological or physical, changing your thoughts, feelings, and actions. For instance, drugs like cocaine and heroin trigger strong physical dependence. For other chemical substances, dependencies are more likely to cause psychological problems....
- What Is Nicotine?
IntroductionNicotine is an alkaloid stimulant that comes from the nightshade family of plants, particularly from the leaves of tobacco. The type of nicotine found in tobacco plants is called Nicotiana tabacum. Nicotine can also be synthetically produced. Thousands of chemicals are contained in...
- Does Flakka Induce Psychosis?
In the world of drugs, there is always a struggle to create better and more potent drugs. For the sellers, the motive is clear--to beat their competition by producing superior quality drugs. On the other hand, most users prefer designer drugs because they are often more potent, have fewer side...
- How Addictive Is Flakka?
What are the ingredients in flakka/bath salts?Flakka is the latest synthesized drug which is very comparable to bath salts as both of them have a reputation to develop erratic and violent behaviors from people who ingest them. Flakka can be smoked, snorted, swallowed or injected. It could also be...
- Dr. Aleksandr Martirosov D.O.31-00 Broadway Fair Lawn NJ 07410
- Dr. David E Seitz MD160 N Midland Ave Nyack NY 10960
- Dr. Robert J Roose M.D. M.P.H.3544 Jerome Ave Bronx NY 10467
- Dr. Louis Citarelli MD181 Franklin Ave Nutley NJ 07110
- Dr. Michel Antoine M.D.251 N Main St Spring Valley NY 10977
- Dr. Joel A Nathan MD515 MADISON AVE NEW YORK NY 10022