Dr. Mitchell Reiter is a board-certified Orthopaedic surgeon with fellowship training in spine surgery and over 20 years of experience. He specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of spinal disorders and practices in Summit, NJ adjacent to Overlook Hospital which is one of only a few spine centers of excellence on the east coast. Dr. Reiter is regionally and nationally recognized as an expert. He is a past president of the New Jersey Orthopaedic Society and is on the Board of Directors of The North American Spine Society, the worlds largest spine society. Dr. Reiter is conservative by nature and considers surgery a last resort. When surgery is necessary, Dr. Reiter uses minimally invasive techniques and motion preserving technologies such as disc replacement instead of fusion whenever possible.
Education and Training
Univ of Miami Sch of Med, Miami Fl 1992
University of Miami Leonard M. Miller School of Medicine 1992
Orthopaedic SurgeryAmerican Board of Orthopaedic SurgeryABOS
- Acute thoracolumbar burst fractures: a new view of loading mechanisms.
- Biomechanical effects of unipedicular vertebroplasty on intact vertebrae.
- Timing of surgery following spinal cord injury.
- Surgical issues in the injured worker with lower back pain.
- Use of stand-up magnetic resonance imaging for evaluation of a cervicothoracic injury in a patient with ankylosing spondylitis.
- Postoperative spinal wound infections and postprocedural diskitis.
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Assistant Clinical Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery Rutgers - New Jersey Medical School 1998 - 2018
- Alpha Omega Alpha national medical honor society1992AOA
- Named a New Jersey Top Doctor yearly from 2008-20182018NJ Monthly Magazine
- Neck Pain
- Back Pain
- Pinched Nerve
- Herniated Disc
- Spinal Stenosis
- Degenerative Disc Disease (ddd)
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- North American Spine Society
- The New Jersey Orthopaedic Society
- American Medical Association
- International society for the Advancement of Spine Surgery
- The Society for Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
- Jackson Mem Hosp/Jackson Hlth, Orthopedic Surgery
- Jackson Memorial Hospital/Jackson Health System Program
- Overlook Hospital ( Summit, NJ )
Dr. Mitchell Forest Reiter MD's Practice location
Summit, NJ 07901Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Mitchell Forest Reiter MD | Orthopedic Surgeon (Orthopedist) | Orthopaedic Surgery of the Spine
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Mitchell Forest Reiter MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Reiter
- Scoliosis Symptoms and Causes
Scoliosis often occurs in kids below the age of puberty. Some of the most common signs of scoliosis happen to be the following:...
- What Are the Different Types of Arthritis?
Arthritis is a type of joint disorder that involves the inflammation and deformation of one or more joints in the body. The term 'arthritis' comes from the Greek words 'arthro,' which means joint, and 'itis,' a suffix that implies inflammation. There are more than 100 different types of arthritis...
- Can I Walk After a Knee Replacement Surgery?
Yes, you can walk after a knee replacement surgery. The main goal of the surgery is for you to walk using an artificial knee and get back to your normal life. In fact, it is highly recommended that you immediately use your artificial knee.You need to know that walking again will require your...
- Efforts for Muscular Dystrophy Research
There is vast research going into the effort to find new ways to combat Muscular Dystrophy. Before any new treatment can see the light of the day, it undergoes a series of testing called clinical trials.When a patient is part of a clinical trial, they benefit from cutting-edge treatment that...
- Diagnosis of Osteoporosis
It is important to get a diagnosis for osteoporosis as soon as you experience any of the symptoms associated with the condition. One should not prolong a visit with a doctor because the sooner the diagnosis, the sooner the individual will receive treatment.About 80% of your bone density is...
- How Long Does a Knee Replacement Last?
A knee replacement surgery provides relief for approximately 90 percent of people who are suffering from pain due to knee problems. Most knee replacement procedures are done for the treatment of osteoarthritis. With proper care, your knee implant can last for as long as 20 years. The technology...
- Dr. Leon E. Popovitz M.D.130 E 67th St New York NY 10065
- Dr. Oscar Vazquez M.D.25 Prospect Ave Hackensack NJ 07601
- Paul M. Brisson57 East 25th Street New York New York 10016
- Dr. Steven Arsht M.D.10 Union Square- East New York NY 10003
- Dr. Deepan N. Patel MD85 Harristown Road Glen Rock NJ 07452
- Dr. Ron Noy M.D.424 Madison Avenue New York New York 10017