Dr. Michael Leroy Peil M.D.
Pulmonologist | Pulmonary Disease1001 Main St Suite 200 Peoria IL, 61606
Dr. Michael Peil practices Pulmonology in Peoria, IL. A pulmonologist is a physician who possesses specialized knowledge and skill in the diagnosis and treatment of pulmonary conditions and diseases. Dr. Peil manages patients who need life support and mechanical ventilation, and is specially trained in diseases and conditions of the chest, particularly pneumonia, asthma, tuberculosis, emphysema, and complicated chest infections.
Education and Training
Univ of Ks Sch of Med, Kansas City Ks 1980
University of Wales in Great Britain 1980
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Dallas Co Hp-Parkland Mem, Pulmonary Diseases; Univ Of Ks Med Ctr, Internal Medicine
- Methodist Health System Dallas Program
Dr. Michael Leroy Peil M.D.'s Practice location
Peoria, IL 61606Get Direction
Dr. Michael Leroy Peil M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Peil
- Atelectasis: Symptoms, Causes, and Treatment
Atelectasis is not a household name and many people would probably freak out and be confused if they are told that they have it. You are probably wondering what it means and what its causes are.To define atelectasis, we can say that it is a medical condition where a portion or all of your lungs...
- How Is Bronchitis Differentiated from Other Chest Infections?
Bronchial tubes are the airways through which air travels and reaches the lungs. The inflammation of these bronchial tubes is called bronchitis. The inflammation is more often caused by a viral infection, smoke, dust, or other irritants.Bronchitis may be due to a chest infection, inflammation of...
- Causes of Lung Nodules
What are lung nodules?Lung nodules are spots present on the lung. These spots are usually around 1.5 inches or three centimeters in diameter. Lung nodules seen on imaging tests are often called as coin lesions. If a lung X-ray shows spots that are more than three centimeters, it is regarded as a...
- How Does Pneumonia Develop?
Pneumonia is a disease that affects the lungs due to an infection caused by bacteria, virus, or fungus. Pneumonia can either affect the left, right, or both lobes of the lungs.Pneumonia is a serious disease affecting people of any age. However, toddlers and young children are more affected by...
- Pink Puffer and Blue Bloater: What Are They?
No, they are not names of mythical characters from a fantasy novel. Far from it, really! As charming as their names sound, "pink puffer" is not the furry little pink creature that you are tempted to imagine nor is the "blue bloater" a big and friendly blue giant. What do these terms mean exactly?To...
- Pneumonia: Are There Multiple Types?
What is pneumonia?Pneumonia is an acute lung infection that causes inflammation of the air sacs in either one or both lungs. The air sacs get filled with fluid or pus, making it difficult for the affected person to properly breathe. Individuals who have contracted the infection usually cough and...
- Dr. Rajesh Balagani DON2950 State Road 67 Lake Geneva WI 53147
- Dr. Ossama Ikladios MD1001 Main St Peoria IL 61606
- Dr. Jeremiah Edward Crabb M.D.1001 Main St Peoria IL 61606
- Dr. Patrick E Whitten M.D.1001 Main St Peoria IL 61606
- Dr. W Anthony Sauder M.D.1001 Main St Peoria IL 61606
- Dr. William P Tillis M.D.1001 Main St Peoria IL 61606