Dr. Samuel Marcus is a gastroenterologist practicing in Mountain View, CA. Dr. Marcus specializes in the digestive system and its diseases that affect the gastrointestinal tract, which include organs from the mouth to the anus as well as liver disorders. Gastroenterology includes conditions such as hepatitis, peptic ulcer disease, colitis, nutritional problems and irritable bowel syndrome. Dr. Marcus performs colonoscopy and endoscopy procedures and provides accurate and thorough care for patients suffering from digestive issues.
Education and Training
Univ Of Liverpool- Fac Of Med- Liverpool- Uk (- Prior /) 1977
University of Liverpool Faculty of Health and Life Sciences 1977
- The pre-ulcerative phase of carrageenan-induced colonic ulceration in the guinea-pig.
- Endoscopic removal of two leaking alkaline batteries.
- Efficiency in endoscopy centers.
- Early experience with radiofrequency energy ablation therapy for Barrett's esophagus with and without dysplasia.
- Algorithmic approach to patients presenting with heartburn and epigastric pain refractory to empiric proton pump inhibitor therapy.
- Multimodality evaluation of patients with gastroesophageal reflux disease symptoms who have failed empiric proton pump inhibitor therapy.
- Effective intra-esophageal acid control is associated with improved radiofrequency ablation outcomes in Barrett's esophagus.
- Transport, metabolism, and effect of chronic feeding of lagodeoxycholic acid. A new, natural bile acid.
- Particle size of wheat, maize, and oat test meals: effects on plasma glucose and insulin responses and on the rate of starch digestion in vitro.
- Rapid production of ulcerative disease of the colon in newly-weaned guinea-pigs
- The effect of testa triticum tricum on intestinal transit, deoxycholic acid metabolism and the cholesterol saturation of bile.
- Effects of a new, concentrated wheat fibre preparation on intestinal transit, deoxycholic acid metabolism and the composition of bile.
- Irritable bowel-type symptoms in spontaneous and induced constipation.
- Evidence for loss of tritium from 3 beta-tritiated deoxycholic acid during enterohepatic cycling in man.
- Deoxycholic acid and the pathogenesis of gall stones.
- Intestinal transit, deoxycholic acid and the cholesterol saturation of bile--three inter-related factors.
- The comparative prophylactic effects of sulphasalazine, prednisolone and azathioprine in experimental colonic ulceration.
- Injection sclerotherapy for oesophageal varices in the elderly.
- D-penicillamine-induced myasthenia gravis in primary biliary cirrhosis.
- Effects of various salts of lignosulphonate on the cjlon of the rabbit.
- Effects of various salts of lignosulphonate on the colon of guinea-pigs [proceedings].
- Hiatal Hernia
- Hepatitis B
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Colon Polyps
- Vascular Disease
- Liverpool University School of Medicine
- Liverpool University School of Medicine - Internal Medicine
- LIVERPOOL UNIVERSITY
- University Of Bristol, Faculty Of Medicine and Dentistry
Dr. Samuel Neal Marcus M.D.'s Practice location
Mountain View, CA 94040Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Samuel Neal Marcus M.D. | Gastroenterologist | Gastroenterology
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Samuel Neal Marcus M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Marcus
- New Cannabis Patch for Celiac Disease Related Neuropathy
Recently researchers have developed a patch that contains extracts from cannabis to treat painful peripheral neuropathy related to various disorders, including celiac disease.Celiac disease is an autoimmune disease, which is a condition within the immune system that turns against some of the body's...
- 7 Ways to Reduce Stress if You Have IBS
IBS factsThe ‘irritable’ in irritable bowel syndrome is in itself an indicator of the nature of this is disease. The mix of stomach discomfort and trouble with bowel movement is indeed a cause for anxiety and irritability. It is not clearly known how stress and anxiety relate to irritable bowel...
- What Is Diarrhea: Get the Facts
Diarrhea is a very common water-borne disease. A person who has diarrhea passes loose or liquid stool at least three times a day or more frequently than what is normal for the person. The reason behind the consistency and frequency of these bowel movements in a case of diarrhea is the increased flow...
- What Are the Risks of a Laparoscopy?
Laparoscopy is a surgical procedure that is done to examine various abdominal organs or female pelvic organs. The procedure is sometimes called as "diagnostic laparoscopy" or "keyhole surgery". This procedure can identify problems such as adhesion, fibroids, infections, and cysts.The procedure...
- Can Losing Weight Cause Gallstones?
Losing weight rapidly if you are overweight can increase the risk of developing gallstones. Dieters who shed weight slowly are safer than those who lose three pounds or more in a week.The GallbladderThe gallbladder, which is a tiny sac found below the liver, functions as bile is stored until it is...
- The Truth About Treatment Options for Crohn’s Disease
Crohn’s disease develops as a result of inflammation in the ileum. Strong evidence supports that there is a virus responsible for this inflammation.Although inflammation is generally localized in the ileum, it can affect the entire gastrointestinal (GI) tract. This inflammation causes agitation of...
- Richard Jay Kramer751 South Bascon Avenue San Jose California 95128
- Dr. Rasik Kansara M.D.200 Jose Figueres Ave San Jose CA 95116
- Dr. Brian Saul Levitt M.D.2340 Montpelier Dr San Jose CA 95116
- Dr. George Triadafilopoulos MD INC.2490 Hospital Dr Mountain View CA 94040
- Dr. Jennifer Roost M.D.795 El Camino Real Palo Alto CA 94301
- Dr. Aijaz Ahmed MD300 Pasteur Dr Stanford CA 94305