Dr. Samuel Marcus is a gastroenterologist practicing in Mountain View, CA. Dr. Marcus specializes in the digestive system and its diseases that affect the gastrointestinal tract, which include organs from the mouth to the anus as well as liver disorders. Gastroenterology includes conditions such as hepatitis, peptic ulcer disease, colitis, nutritional problems and irritable bowel syndrome. Dr. Marcus performs colonoscopy and endoscopy procedures and provides accurate and thorough care for patients suffering from digestive issues.
Education and Training
Univ Of Liverpool- Fac Of Med- Liverpool- Uk (- Prior /) 1977
University of Liverpool Faculty of Health and Life Sciences 1977
- The pre-ulcerative phase of carrageenan-induced colonic ulceration in the guinea-pig.
- Endoscopic removal of two leaking alkaline batteries.
- Efficiency in endoscopy centers.
- Early experience with radiofrequency energy ablation therapy for Barrett's esophagus with and without dysplasia.
- Algorithmic approach to patients presenting with heartburn and epigastric pain refractory to empiric proton pump inhibitor therapy.
- Multimodality evaluation of patients with gastroesophageal reflux disease symptoms who have failed empiric proton pump inhibitor therapy.
- Effective intra-esophageal acid control is associated with improved radiofrequency ablation outcomes in Barrett's esophagus.
- Transport, metabolism, and effect of chronic feeding of lagodeoxycholic acid. A new, natural bile acid.
- Particle size of wheat, maize, and oat test meals: effects on plasma glucose and insulin responses and on the rate of starch digestion in vitro.
- Rapid production of ulcerative disease of the colon in newly-weaned guinea-pigs
- The effect of testa triticum tricum on intestinal transit, deoxycholic acid metabolism and the cholesterol saturation of bile.
- Effects of a new, concentrated wheat fibre preparation on intestinal transit, deoxycholic acid metabolism and the composition of bile.
- Irritable bowel-type symptoms in spontaneous and induced constipation.
- Evidence for loss of tritium from 3 beta-tritiated deoxycholic acid during enterohepatic cycling in man.
- Deoxycholic acid and the pathogenesis of gall stones.
- Hiatal Hernia
- Hepatitis B
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Colon Polyps
- Vascular Disease
- Liverpool University School of Medicine
- Liverpool University School of Medicine - Internal Medicine
- LIVERPOOL UNIVERSITY
- University Of Bristol, Faculty Of Medicine and Dentistry
Dr. Samuel Neal Marcus M.D.'s Practice location
Mountain View, CA 94040Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Samuel Neal Marcus M.D. | Gastroenterologist | Gastroenterology
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Samuel Neal Marcus M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Marcus
- Reasons Why You Would Need a Cholecystectomy
A cholecystectomy is a type of surgery done to remove the gallbladder. Although the gallbladder’s function is to store bile, which helps in your digestion, you can still live a healthy life without it. Gallbladder removal through surgery is the most effective treatment in dealing with gallbladder...
- Dermatitis Herpetiformis: A Serious Form of Celiac Disease
Severe intestinal damage, painful digestion and bloating are a few of the symptoms known to accompany standard celiac disease. The autoimmune condition is hereditary, but eating foods or applying cosmetics that contain gluten can trigger the disease. Although there isn’t a cure, avoiding gluten...
- Nausea and Vomiting as Symptoms of Colon Cancer
The majority of people with colon cancer do not experience any symptoms during the early stages of the disease. However, there are early signs of colon cancer that we need to be aware of.Colon cancer usually starts to occur with the development of non-cancerous (benign) polyps. These polyps develop...
- Signs and Symptoms of Cholera
Signs and Symptoms of CholeraCholera is an acute and devastating gastrointestinal disease that occurs in humans. It is characterized as a diarrheal disorder that is the result of an enterotoxin produced by a bacteria called vibrio cholerae.The bacterium is comma shaped hence the alias the V comma....
- How Does Linzess Work for IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome)?
What is Linzess?Linzess is a medication used to relieve symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome with constipation (IBS‑C) and for the treatment of chronic idiopathic constipation (CIC) or chronic constipation of unknown cause. This medication works in the intestines to help reduce pain and...
- Non-Alcoholic Beer for People with Crohn’s Disease
When a person is diagnosed with Crohn’s disease, often the first thing that is prescribed is a change in diet.Any disease of the gastrointestinal tract affects a person’s ability to properly digest food, and Crohn’s disease especially can prevent a person from getting the necessary nutrients...
- Richard Jay Kramer751 South Bascon Avenue San Jose California 95128
- Dr. Rasik Kansara M.D.200 Jose Figueres Ave San Jose CA 95116
- Dr. Aijaz Ahmed MD300 Pasteur Dr Stanford CA 94305
- Dr. Joanna B. Ready MD710 Lawrence Expy Santa Clara CA 95051
- Dr. Mary F Chan MD1300 Crane Street Menlo Park CA 94025
- Dr. George Triadafilopoulos MD INC.2490 Hospital Dr Mountain View CA 94040