Mary Mahoney MD
Radiologist | Diagnostic Radiology234 Goodman St Ml 0772 Cincinnati OH, 45267
Dr. Mary Mahoney is a radiologist practicing in Cincinnati, OH. Dr. Mahoney specializes in diagnosing and treating injuries and diseases using medical imaging techniques such as X-Rays, magnetic resonance imaging and computed tomography exams. These techniques offer accurate visibility to the inside of the patients body and help to detect otherwise hidden illnesses so that they can be treated quickly and efficiently.
Education and Training
Univ of Cincinnati Coll of Med, Cincinnati Oh 1983
RadiologyAmerican Board of RadiologyABR
- America's Top Radiologist 2009
- Best Doctors in Cincinnati 2008
- American Board of Radiology, Extraordinary Service and Dedication 2008
- Who's Who of American Women, 2008,2009 2008
- Best Doctors in America, 2007,2008 2007
- Health Care Hero Finalist, Cincinnati Business Courier 2003
- Leading Woman of Cincinnati Award 2005
- Chief Resident, Department of Radiology, 1987
- Alpha Omega Alpha, 1983
- Magna Cum Laude, Brown University 1979
- STAFF PRVUNIVERSITY OF CINCINNATI MED CTR, CINCINNATI, OH
- University Hosp, Inc, Diagnostic Radiology; Montefiore M C-H&l Moses Div, Radiology; Christ Hosp, Internal Medicine
- University of Cincinnati Affiliated Hospitals 1985
- Montefiore Medical Center 1984
- University Hospital, Cincinnati
- RADIOLOGY, UNIVERSITY OF CINCINNATI, OH 1988
- University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio, Body Imaging/Interventional Radiology 1988
Experience & Accolades
- Professor 2007to Present, Radiology, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, OH
- Associate Professor 2001 - 2007 Radiology, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, OH
- to Present, Breast Imaging and Intervention, Department of Radiology,2001 Director
- Director 1999 - 2001 Breast Intervention, Department of Radiology, University of Cincinnati Medical Center, Cincinnati,
- Assistant Professor 1996 - 2001 Radiology, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, OH
- Active Medical Staff1996University of Cincinnati Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH
- Active Medical Staff1992 - 1995Mercy Hospital Anderson, Cincinnati, OH
- Director 1990 - 1992 Division of Ultrasound, Department of Radiology, University of Cincinnati Medical Center, Cincinnat
- Assistant Professor 1989 - 1992 Radiology, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, OH
- Active Medical Staff1989 - 1992University of Cincinnati Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH
- Clinical Instructor 1988 - 1989 Radiology, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, OH
Mary Mahoney MD's Practice location
Cincinnati, OH 45267Get Direction
Mary Mahoney MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Mahoney
- What is Compartment Syndrome?
Compartment syndrome refers to the excessive buildup of pressure within the muscle compartments of the body. This will affect the functioning of the nerves and lead to cell death based on the intensity and duration of the pressure built up. Bleeding and inflammation after an injury usually leads to...
- What to Expect After a Biopsy
Biopsies may vary differently depending on the type and location of the tissues and how hard are they to obtain. The medical term used to describe such method is “invasiveness.” A less invasive procedure will, for example, take place in a doctor’s office the same day an abnormal tissue is...
- How to Prepare for a Biopsy
A biopsy procedure is a very important procedure, which is used to identify the underlying cause of your abnormal body tissues. Depending on your condition and the location of the tissue abnormality, different types of biopsies may be performed on you. A biopsy preparation, therefore, depends on...
- What Is an X-Ray?
An X-ray is a type of electromagnetic radiation, which can be used to take digital images of parts of the human body. It is the same with visible light but has a certain different characteristic. The beneficial use of an X-ray is for medical imaging. It can help the physician to look inside your...
- Everything You Need to Know About Biopsy Procedures
What is a biopsy?A biopsy is a medical procedure, which is mostly used in diagnosing cancer. In this procedure, a small tissue sample is taken from your body for a closer examination under the microscope. A biopsy is usually recommended by your doctor if initial tests in your body suggest an...
- Reasons Why You Need a Biopsy
OverviewA biopsy is a procedure that involves the removal of a sample tissue in the body to examine it closely under a microscope. The tissue is mainly examined to diagnose a certain disease. Some may use a needle or surgical methods to remove any lumps or suspicious nodules in the body. Some...
- Adam Barrs Mussman M.D.4170 Rosslyn Dr Cincinnati OH 45209
- Brian D Coley MD3333 Burnet Ave Cincinnati OH 45229
- Jackie S Sweeney MD1 Medical Village Dr Ft Mitchell KY 41017
- Brian C Lawler MD1 Medical Village Dr Ft Mitchell KY 41017
- Anne E Kleimeyer MD234 Goodman Street Cincinnati OH 45219
- Brian J Skillicorn M.D.4170 Rosslyn Dr Cincinnati OH 45209