Maurine Kelber Kelly, PhD, is a leading Psychoanalyst currently serving patients at her private practice in Silver Spring, Maryland. She provides supervision to psychotherapists, provide psychoanalysis, group, family, and couple psychotherapy as well as individual psychotherapy. Dr. Kelly studied at Northwestern University, the University of Iowa, and the University of Pennsylvania. Additionally, in order to stay up to date on all medical advancements in her field, she maintains a professional membership with the American Psychological Association, the American Psychoanalytic Association, and the Contemporary Freudian Society.
Dr. Maurine Kelber Kelly PHD's Expert Contributions
Yes, your medication could be the cause of your feeling sleepy. Many psychotropic medications are very sedating. You might seek a psychiatrist who wouldhel to wean you off of the medications very slowly so you would not experience withdrawal which could be worse than before you took the medications. Many non-medical treatments have been found superior to anti-depressants in the successful treatment of depression and anxiety: meditation, relaxation, and bodywork, foods, exercise, music, and most of all talk therapy, especially psychoanalysis or psychoanalytic psychotherapy. READ MORE
- Existential Psychotherapy, Dissociative Disorders, Geriatric Health And More
Professional Society Memberships
- American Psychological Association, American Psychoanalytic Association, Contemporary Freudian Society
Articles and Publications
- Editor and Contributor, Into the Void: Psychology Reflections on a Gender Free Case
- Edited 2 Books for the New York Times
What do you attribute your success to?
- Her father, who is the influence in her life and a lot of women she's met.
Hobbies / Sports
- Gardening, Traveling, Reading, Opera and Classical Music, Jazz, Theater
Dr. Maurine Kelber Kelly PHD's Practice location
Bethesda, MD 20814Get Direction
Silver Spring, Maryland 20902Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Maurine Kelber Kelly PHD | Psychologist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Maurine Kelber Kelly PHD's reviewsWrite Review
- What are the Symptoms of Schizophrenia?
Schizophrenia is a chronic mental disorder characterized by distorted and abnormal understandings and interpretations of reality. This is a severe form of a mental condition that affects the way a person thinks and expresses himself or herself. As the person fails to understand reality, he or she...
- Music Can Prevent Chronic Stress
Stress is inevitable in life; however, it is less manageable if an individual experiences chronic stress on a daily basis for an extended period of time. Stress triggers a series of reactions that initiate the stress response in cells throughout an individual's body. Commonly, if stress persists for...
- Do I Have Insomnia?
Definition:Insomnia is a condition in which someone finds it hard to fall asleep or stay asleep for an amount of time that enables them to feel well-rested the following day. This condition is common among the elderly and is said to affect one in three people on average. Signs and Symptoms:...
- What Is Extrinsic Motivation?
IntroductionExtrinsic motivation is defined as a reward-driven behavior and is considered as a type of operant conditioning, which is a form of behavior modification that would make use of rewards and punishments. When we talk about extrinsic motivation, it involves the use of rewards or other...
- Autism and Romance: Finding Love on the Spectrum and Online
Anyone who has a loved one with autism will find this article to be a burst of sunshine. Finding love is difficult for anyone and for those on the autism spectrum, the challenges might be greater. Some people assume a person with autism is unable to form a romantic relationship. To appreciate...
- Classes Teach Law Enforcement How to Respond to People with Autism
Oklahoma police sergeant Cory Sutton and his wife, Traci Sutton, were deeply disturbed when a close family friend relayed an incident that occurred between their special needs child and local law enforcement. Sutton and his wife have special needs twins. It was all too easy to put themselves in...
- Leslie K. Dalton6073 Arlington Boulevard Falls Church VA 22044
- Dr. Maria Del Carmen Puig-Casauranc PHD3000 Connecticut Ave NW Washington D.C 20008
- Dr. Katherine Grace MacLean PSYD1555 Connecticut Avenue NW Washington DC 20036
- Samira Joron-Badr20509 Morningside Terrace Sterling VA 20165
- Don A. Miller PHD316 F Street North East Washington DC 20002
- Dr. Jennifer Lynn Shore PSY.D.10875 Main Street Fairfax VA 22030