Maurine Kelber Kelly, PhD, is a leading Psychoanalyst currently serving patients at her private practice in Silver Spring, Maryland. She provides supervision to psychotherapists, provide psychoanalysis, group, family, and couple psychotherapy as well as individual psychotherapy. Dr. Kelly studied at Northwestern University, the University of Iowa, and the University of Pennsylvania. Additionally, in order to stay up to date on all medical advancements in her field, she maintains a professional membership with the American Psychological Association, the American Psychoanalytic Association, and the Contemporary Freudian Society.
Dr. Maurine Kelber Kelly PHD's Expert Contributions
Yes, your medication could be the cause of your feeling sleepy. Many psychotropic medications are very sedating. You might seek a psychiatrist who wouldhel to wean you off of the medications very slowly so you would not experience withdrawal which could be worse than before you took the medications. Many non-medical treatments have been found superior to anti-depressants in the successful treatment of depression and anxiety: meditation, relaxation, and bodywork, foods, exercise, music, and most of all talk therapy, especially psychoanalysis or psychoanalytic psychotherapy. READ MORE
- Existential Psychotherapy, Dissociative Disorders, Geriatric Health And More
Professional Society Memberships
- American Psychological Association, American Psychoanalytic Association, Contemporary Freudian Society
Articles and Publications
- Editor and Contributor, Into the Void: Psychology Reflections on a Gender Free Case
- Edited 2 Books for the New York Times
What do you attribute your success to?
- Her father, who is the influence in her life and a lot of women she's met.
Hobbies / Sports
- Gardening, Traveling, Reading, Opera and Classical Music, Jazz, Theater
Dr. Maurine Kelber Kelly PHD's Practice location
Bethesda, MD 20814Get Direction
Silver Spring, Maryland 20902Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Maurine Kelber Kelly PHD | Psychologist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Maurine Kelber Kelly PHD's reviewsWrite Review
- How Integrated Classrooms Can Benefit Children with Autism
Children who have learning disabilities or other conditions on the autism spectrum often find themselves placed in special education. The idea behind special education is a positive one. It allows teachers to give more attention and care to students that need it the most. It also allows teachers to...
- New Romantic Comedy Deemed an Honest Portrayal of People with Autism
Whether for a fun date night or an evening with friends, the romantic comedy has long been a staple in the film industry. From the many light-hearted and funny moments to the more touching scenes, a good romantic comedy leaves viewers feeling happy, which may be why the genre has been a favorite...
- What Is Asexual?
What does it mean to be asexual?Asexuality is a label that some people choose to use to define themselves and identify themselves. It pertains to people who experience no or low sexual attraction or desire, regardless of physical capability to do so or of actual sexual activity. Some asexuals do...
- Depression in Seniors
What is depression?Depression is a mood disorder that causes an individual to feel sad, lonely, lost, angry, hopeless, or frustrated daily. These severe emotions can interfere with the individual's everyday life. For elders, depression can arise through hard life experiences, like losing a spouse,...
- What are the Symptoms of Bipolar Disorder?
Bipolar disorder is a complex mental disorder that leads to uncontrollable mood swings and severe risky behaviors. Otherwise known as manic-depressive disorder, this mental condition is associated with moods that sway between depression and mania. When an individual is not experiencing moods of...
- How to Help Your Child with ASD Socially Excel at School
Just because social challenges like communication impairment are one of the indications of autism, it does not imply that they are normal for children on the spectrum. Considering that, some parents experience challenges getting their kids to do such simple things as putting on winter clothes,...
- Dr. Hoorie Siddique PH.D.962 Wayne Avenue Silver Spring MD 20910
- Leslie K. Dalton6073 Arlington Boulevard Falls Church VA 22044
- Dr. Maria Del Carmen Puig-Casauranc PHD3000 CONNECTICUT AVE NW WASHINGTON DC 20008
- Dr. Katherine Grace MacLean PSYD1555 Connecticut Avenue NW Washington DC 20036
- Samira Joron-Badr20509 Morningside Terrace Sterling VA 20165
- Don A. Miller PHD316 F Street North East Washington DC 20002