Dr. Courtney Elizabeth linder Freiman PSY.D.
Psychologist2000 N. 15th Street 200 Arlington VA, 22201
Mental illness is not a one-size fits all condition so I take an eclectic approach to therapy, allowing me to tailor treatment to the individual’s needs in order to assess their difficulties, set realistic goals, and evaluate progress. Trained in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Solution-Focused Therapy, Family System’s and Acceptance and Commitment and Mindfulness therapies, I incorporate a variety of techniques in therapy to help individuals reach achievable goals. I am also a Level II trained Gottman Method Couple’s therapist and I apply these therapeutic techniques in helping couples strengthen their relationships and achieve long-lasting changes, both emotionally and physically. In addition to working with individuals and couples, I have completed comprehensive research on Iraqi war veterans who experienced post traumatic stress disorders (PTSD) and I am proud to serve our nation’s active and former military and their family members.
Education and Training
American School Of Professional Psychology Psy.D. 2010
American School of Profession Psychology MA 2007
Central Connecticut State University BA 2004
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Licensed Psychologist Psychological Wellness Services 2015 - 2018
- American Psychological Association
Dr. Courtney Elizabeth linder Freiman PSY.D.'s Practice location
Leesburg, VA 20176Get Direction
- The Most Common Misconceptions About Autism
Introduction From the perspective of an outsider, it is very difficult to understand what it is to have autism. This misunderstanding, unfortunately, can result in a lot of misconceptions and stereotypes about people with autism. Below are certain misconceptions, which people usually have in...
OverviewA seizure is a sudden event caused by an uncontrolled electrical disturbance in the brain. When a seizure happens, you lose control of your body, possibly lose consciousness, and convulse. Seizures can also cause behavioral changes and changes in the levels of your consciousness, including...
- What Are Delusions: Types, Risks, Diagnosis, and Treatment
What are delusions?Delusions are untrue and unrealistic beliefs of a person. A delusion separates the person from reality and imagination. It was previously known as "paranoid disorder", which is a type of serious mental disorder. People with this disorder usually experience delusions associated...
- New Research Shows Many Adults with Autism Are Unemployed
Many families with young adults on the spectrum describe the transition from adolescence to young adulthood as being a lot like learning to fly. Transition into adulthood is a critical period of development and milestones. A healthy transition can set the state for positive outcomes and advantages...
- Are You Dating a Sociopath?
The following are some traits that will show you are dating a sociopath:1. Charismatic and charmingImage is everything for a sociopath. The priority for a sociopath is the image that he or she gives to the world. They have a very charismatic and charming nature, and will try to constantly flatter...
- How to Protect Children with Autism from Being Bullied
It is an unfortunate fact that children have a tendency to find weaknesses and differences in their peers and latch onto it, emotionally or physically hurting the other child in the process. When performed on purpose and repeatedly, this is bullying and is a serious problem. Bullying is violence,...
- Dr. Hoorie Siddique PH.D.962 Wayne Avenue Silver Spring MD 20910
- Dr. David Newton Danforth Jr PH.D.Center for Cancer Research National Cancer Institute Bethesda MD 20892
- Leslie K. Dalton6073 Arlington Boulevard Falls Church VA 22044
- Dr. Maria Del Carmen Puig-Casauranc PHD3000 CONNECTICUT AVE NW WASHINGTON DC 20008
- Dr. Maurine Kelber Kelly PHD11621 Yeatman Terrace Silver Spring Maryland 20902
- Dr. Katherine Grace MacLean PSYD1555 Connecticut Avenue NW Washington DC 20036