Dr. David R Silvers MD
Gastroenterologist | Gastroenterology4228 Houma Blvd Suite 120 Metairie LA, 70006
Dr. David Silvers is a gastroenterologist practicing in Metairie, LA. Dr. Silvers specializes in the digestive system and its diseases that affect the gastrointestinal tract, which include organs from the mouth to the anus as well as liver disorders. Gastroenterology includes conditions such as hepatitis, peptic ulcer disease, colitis, nutritional problems and irritable bowel syndrome. Dr. Silvers performs colonoscopy and endoscopy procedures and provides accurate and thorough care for patients suffering from digestive issues.
Education and Training
Tulane Univ Sch of Med, New Orleans La 1979
Tulane University School of Medicine 1979
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Gastroenterology
- Crohn's Disease
- Acid Reflux
- Baylor Coll Of Med, Gastroenterology; Baylor Coll Of Med, Internal Medicine
- Baylor College of Medicine Program
Dr. David R Silvers MD's Practice location
Metairie, LA 70006Get Direction
Dr. David R Silvers MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Silvers
- What Causes Jaundice?
Jaundice is triggered by excessive bilirubin levels in the blood. This is sometimes referred to as hyperbilirubinaemia. An abnormal level of bilirubin in the bloodstream and body tissues causes a yellowish discoloration of the skin, mucous membranes and sclera.Bilirubin is a yellowish substance...
- Stomach Ulcers: Signs, Symptoms and Treatment
An ulcer in the stomach is primarily a result of an infection that occurs due to a germ which is known as Helicobacter pylori or H. pylori. This germ is a bacteria that triggers an infection in the digestive system. Usually, medications which are mainly acid suppressants take about four to eight...
- What Are the Symptoms of Celiac Disease?
Celiac disease is a digestive condition in which the lining of small intestine is affected by the consumption of food containing gluten. Gluten is a protein found in wheat, rye, barley, and other related grains. In this condition, eating bread, pasta, cookies, and pizza crust triggers an immune...
- Orange Poop: A Sign of Celiac Disease?
Children play what they like wherever they want. Likewise, they are known to eat anything that they can get their hands on. Kids are known to possess such curious, impulsive, and playful traits, which can be tolerated by most. Yet, when they feel unwell, things are never okay; like this one instance...
- Anemia: Learning More About The Unfortunates
Anemia is a medical condition in which the count of red blood cells in the blood is lower than the normal number. This can occur due to many reasons such as deficiency of some vitamin, iron or it can also be hereditary. It is one of the most common disorders of blood and there are reports suggesting...
- What Is Acid Reflux: Causes, Treatment, and Prevention
Acid reflux is a common condition wherein a person feels an internal burning pain in the lower chest area due to the stomach acid backflow into the esophagus (food pipe). Once in a while, acid reflux may be experienced. It is a common condition, which you should not worry about. However, if you...
- Dr. Vernon Carriere MD619 19th St S Birmingham AL 35249
- Dr. Martin William Moehlen M.D.1430 Tulane Ave New Orleans LA 70112
- Dr. Chesley Hines MD2700 Napoleon Ave New Orleans LA 70115
- Dr. Virendra Joshi MD1415 Tulane Ave New Orleans LA 70112
- Dr. David A Beary MD1111 Medical Center Blvd Marrero LA 70072
- Dr. Cherie S. Niles M.D.1111 Medical Center Blvd Marrero LA 70072