Dr. Stanley D. Machlin M.D.
Adolescent Psychiatrist | Child & Adolescent Psychiatry24 E Magnolia Ave Maywood NJ, 07607
Stanley D. Machlin, MD, FAPA, is a leading psychiatrist currently retired and living in New Jersey. Throughout his sixty years of practice, he has accrued extensive expertise in adult and adolescent psychiatry. After earning his medical degree in 1954 at New York University, Dr. Machlin completed his internship and residency at US Public Health Service Staten Island Mental Health Society and his fellowship at Staten Island Mental Health. He is a Fellow of the American Psychiatric Association and is board-certified by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology.
Education and Training
New York Univ Sch of Med, New York Ny 1954
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- US Public Health Service Staten Island Mental Health Society
- Staten Island Mental Health Society, Staten Island Mental Health
What do you attribute your success to?
- Dedication, making a difference, education, inquisitive, challenges, always learning, and helping patients lead healthier lives
Hobbies / Sports
- Fitness, Reading, Traveling, Scuba Diving,
Favorite professional publications
- All major Adult and Adolescent Psychiatry Research Medicine
Dr. Stanley D. Machlin M.D.'s Practice location
Maywood, NJ 07607Get Direction
Hackensack, New Jersey 07601Get Direction
- Depression Medications and Their Side Effects
Regardless of the importance of non-medical treatment options for depression like talk therapy and physical exercise, none of them can be as quick and effective as medication. The primary form of medication for depression is antidepressants which help boost brain activity and alleviate depression...
- What Causes Eating Disorders
An eating disorder is usually classified as any one of a broad range of psychological disorders, but more specifically ones that demonstrate eating habits that are abnormal or absurd. The most common eating disorders are anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, and binge-eating disorder. Anorexia refers...
- 5 Tips For Parenting an Anxious Child
As children grow, they go through several emotional and mental transformations. Some children become too shy to confront another person, while others become too mischievous. However, it becomes difficult for parents to determine their children’s behavior when they react unexpectedly to a...
- Separation Anxiety in Children: Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis and More
It’s normal for young children to feel anxious when they're separated from a loved one. However, when this fear occurs in a child above six years of age, is intense, and persists for more than four weeks, the child may have separation anxiety disorder.What is Separation Anxiety Disorder?Separation...
- Learning About the Beck Depression Inventory
Depression and AnxietyDepression and anxiety are disorders that are different from each other, but people suffering from depression often have symptoms that closely resemble those of anxiety. The disorder, in fact, starts out as anxiety, and if not treated at the right time with the right diagnosis,...
- What Behaviors Indicate Binge Eating Disorder?
Knowing the warning signs of an eating disorder is important, since the early detection of an existing or developing eating disorder will give a sufferer the help he or she needs sooner. Detecting the warning signs may not always be easy. When someone has an eating disorder, they usually feel...
- Kathryn G. Cheney MD1 Park Ave New York NY 10016
- Dr. Faina Chachko MD305 E 55th St New York NY 10022
- Emma Jane Laskin Other1 Barstow Road Great Neck New York 11021
- Dr. Estelle Paris MD2405 90th Pl East Elmhurst NY 11369
- Dianne Thomas165 state street Hackensack Nj 07601
- Dr. Patricia Leebens MD20 W 86th St New York NY 10024