Dr. Robert Eells DPM
Podiatrist (Foot and Ankle Specialist)1111 E ARMY POST RD DES MOINES IA, 50315
Dr. Robert Eells is a podiatrist practicing in DES MOINES, IA. Dr. Eells is a medical doctor specializing in the treatment of the foot , ankle and related parts of the leg. As a podiatrist, Dr. Eells diagnoses and treats conditions of the feet. The feet are key body parts that give a person stability, absorb shock, allow for walking and standing and are necessary for overall well-being. So, the feet need expert care. Podiatrists can specialize in surgery, wound care, sports medicine, diabetic care and pediatrics.
Education and Training
Des Moines University College of Osteopathic Medicine and Health Sciences Podiatry DPM degree 1993
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS- 2001
- X-rays To Diagnose Foot And Ankle Problems
- Minor Toenail Surgery For Ingrown Toenails
- Diabetic Preventive Foot Care And Diabetic Shoes.
- Loma Linda Veterans Hospital Podiatry 1994
Experience & Accolades
- Owner1998 - 2013Southridge Foot Clinic
Dr. Robert Eells DPM's Practice location
DES MOINES, IA 50315Get Direction
Dr. Robert Eells DPM's reviewsWrite Review
- What Is Sever's Disease: Causes and Treatment
Sever's disease is a type of heel injury that usually occurs in children who are physically active. Most children experience temporary pain without long-term damage. Sever's disease was first described in 1912 by an American doctor named James Warren Sever. The condition is also called calcaneal...
- Ingrown Toenail Removal and Treatment
What Is an Ingrown Toenail?Ingrown toenail is the layman’s term for the medical ailment called onychocryptosis or unguis incarnatus. This is a common and painful condition that usually occurs at the end or on the outer side of the big toe. However, any toenail can still become ingrown. They...
- What Causes My Ankles and Feet to Swell?
We often see the troublesome swelling in our ankles and feet, which affects our movements. Fortunately, this swelling is not very serious and you shouldn't worry about it if you are physically active. If swelling is associated with serious symptoms, it does require medical attention as it may be an...
- Diabetes vs. Science: Who’s Winning?
What Is Diabetes?Diabetes is a serious chronic illness that could affect 552 million people by the year 2030, according to the International Diabetes Federation (IDF). A person suffering from diabetes is at a much greater risk of heart attack, kidney damage, or stroke. Therefore, we are now putting...
- What It's Like to Live with Type 2 Diabetes
Adapting to a healthier dietA type 2 diabetes patient needs to shift from an unhealthy diet and adapt to a much healthier diet. The recommended diet for type 2 diabetes patients includes three healthy daily meals. A type 2 diabetes patient is at risk of developing cardiovascular problems, so the...
- Plantar Fasciitis: Treatment and Therapy for Plantar Fasciitis
Meaning of Plantar FasciitisOne of the most common causes of heel pain is called plantar fasciitis. A flat band of ligament or tissue connects the heel bone to the toes. This ligament is called the plantar fascia, which also provides support to the arch of the foot. If the plantar fascia is...
- Dr. Mindi Feilmeier D.P.M.800 Kenyon Road Des Moines Iowa 50501
- Dr. Ronald P Belin DPM1801 Hickman Rd Des Moines IA 50314
- Julie Ann Grundberg DPM6001 Westown Parkway West Des Moines IA 50266
- Dr. Eric A Barp D.P.M5950 University Ave West Des Moines IA 50266
- Dr. Nicholas Joseph Bevilacqua DPM1801 Hickman Rd Des Moines IA 50314
- Dr. Charles H Allison D.P.M.1 Caylor Nickel Sq Bluffton IN 46714