Dr. Alan W Chiemprabha M.D.
Gastroenterologist | Gastroenterology1070 Vinehaven Dr Concord NC, 28025
Dr. Alan Chiemprabha is a gastroenterologist practicing in Concord, NC. Dr. Chiemprabha specializes in the digestive system and its diseases that affect the gastrointestinal tract, which include organs from the mouth to the anus as well as liver disorders. Gastroenterology includes conditions such as hepatitis, peptic ulcer disease, colitis, nutritional problems and irritable bowel syndrome. Dr. Chiemprabha performs colonoscopy and endoscopy procedures and provides accurate and thorough care for patients suffering from digestive issues.
Education and Training
Univ of Ms Sch of Med, Jackson Ms 1998
University of Mississippi School of Medicine 1998
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Gastroenterology- 2004
- Upper Endoscopy (egd), Colonoscopy, Abdominal Pain And More
- Crohn's Disease
- Acid Reflux
- Colon Polyps
- MemberAmerican Gastroenterological Association
- Wake Forest U Baptist Med Ctr, Gastroenterology; Wake Forest U Baptist Med Ctr, Internal Medicine
- Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center 2001
- Georgetown University Hospital/Adventist Behavioral Health Program
- Wake Forest University, Gastroenterology 2004
- Wake Forest University, Gastroenterology, NC, USA 2004
Dr. Alan W Chiemprabha M.D.'s Practice location
Dr. Alan W Chiemprabha M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Chiemprabha
- What Is Hepatitis C?
Hepatitis C is a disease caused by the hepatitis virus C. This disease particularly attacks the liver. In chronic cases, the affected person may not be aware of any signs or symptoms of the disease for years.Symptoms of Hepatitis CPeople who have an acute hepatitis C may not experience any symptoms,...
- What Are the Treatment Options for Appendicitis?
Appendicitis is the inflammation of the appendix, which is a tube-like organ that extends from the large intestine. According to theories, the appendix is a specialized organ that is capable of producing antibodies. However, experts suggest that the appendix has no definite function in the human...
- What Is a Thrombosed Hemorrhoid?
Hemorrhoids result from the application of pressure in the anus and rectum. This pressure affects the flow of blood, resulting in the formation of swellings in the veins covering these areas, known as hemorrhoids. At times, the vessels may not allow blood to flow properly along these veins and the...
- New Treatment for Celiac Disease Using Nanoparticles Is Underway
Recently, investigators have found a potential way to develop a treatment for celiac disease, which, according to Cour Pharmaceuticals focuses on the autoimmune disease, along with other inflammatory diseases. The treatment has been approved for clinical trials in August, 2017, and these trials have...
- Sherman Award Recipients for Crohn's and Colitis Research Contributions
Photo credit: Diligent Rocket LLCBeginning last year, the Sherman Prize celebrates men and women who have made a big difference for those living with inflammatory bowel disease. Funded by the Bruce and Cynthia Sherman Charitable Foundation, the award is given to exceptional researchers, doctors,...
- Study Shows High Levels of Vitamin D May Improve Lung Function
Vitamin D, also known as the ‘sunshine vitamin’, is an important nutrient that the human body needs in order to maintain a healthy life – both physically and mentally. Vitamin D serves numerous vital bodily functions, including supporting the immune system, improving muscle function,...
- Dr. Glen L. Portwood M.D.8220 University Exec Park Drive Charlotte North Carolina 28262
- Dr. Fred Charles Fowler M.D.101 E Wt Harris Blvd Charlotte NC 28262
- Dr. Scott A Brotze M.D.2015 Randolph Rd Charlotte NC 28207
- Dr. Steven A Josephson M.D.2015 Randolph Rd Charlotte NC 28207
- Dr. Stephen Peter Stowe M.D.603 East Center St Mooresville NC 28115
- Dr. John Carl Clements M.D.705 Griffith St Davidson NC 28036