Dr. Jason Newland is a pediatric infectious disease specialist practicing in Kansas City, MO. Dr. Newland specializes in recurring or persistent diseases caused by bacteria, parasites or fungus in infants, children and adolescents. Pediatric infectious disease specialists also provide consultation to other health care professionals dealing with complex cases.
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP- Pediatric Infectious Diseases
DermatologyAmerican Board of DermatologyABD
- Encephalitis associated with influenza B virus infection in 2 children and a review of the literature.
- Viral meningitis and encephalitis: traditional and emerging viral agents.
- Diagnosis of viral encephalitides: nonzoonotic-associated viruses.
- Diagnosis of viral encephalitides: zoonotic-associated viruses.
- Treatment strategies for methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus infections in pediatrics.
- Antimicrobial stewardship programs in pediatrics.
- Antibiotic management of Staphylococcus aureus infections in US children's hospitals, 1999-2008.
- Pharmacologic considerations for oseltamivir disposition: focus on the neonate and young infant.
- Influenza coinfection and outcomes in children with complicated pneumonia.
- Update on terbinafine with a focus on dermatophytoses.
- Rapid increase in use of antiviral therapy for hospitalized children with influenza during the 2009 H1N1 epidemic.
- Staphylococcal infections in the era of MRSA.
- The role of intention-to-treat analyses in randomized trials.
- Impact of a guideline on management of children hospitalized with community-acquired pneumonia.
- Influence of hospital guidelines on management of children hospitalized with pneumonia.
- U Nebr Coll Med
- University of Nebraska Medical Center
Dr. Jason Guy Newland MD's Practice location
Kansas City, MO 64108Get Direction
SAINT LOUIS, MO 63110Get Direction
Dr. Jason Guy Newland MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Is Cholera Contagious?
Is Cholera Contagious?Cholera is one of the most dangerous infections that has claimed the lives of many people especially people living in very poor environmental areas. These are areas where there is poor sanitation, poor ventilation, and dirty water. Most of the victims of cholera over many years...
- Lyme Disease in Children
Lyme disease can affect anyone, regardless of age or gender. However, those who spend a lot of time outdoors are at a higher risk for Lyme disease because they are exposed to ticks more than others. According to research, children are more commonly affected by Lyme disease because they spend more...
- What Can Make Me Think that My Baby Has Mumps?
How Can My Baby Catch Mumps?The causing agent of mumps is the virus of mumps (paramyxovirus). Mumps is a disease which falls under the so-called group of childrens' disease. However, adults can also contract mumps. The difference between this disease in kids and grown-ups is the severity of the...
- Are there any Alternative Remedies for the Treatment of Mumps?
What are the best remedies for fever and pain when you have the mumps?Mumps is a viral infection which causes pain and swelling in the throat and neck. It is common in children and youngsters.As the treatment for mumps, traditionally decoctions of healing herbs were recommended for little children....
- Are there any alternative methods of immunization for my child apart from the vaccinations?
Center for Disease control (CDC) and Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (APIC) have 14 vaccinations before the age of 2 years. This makes some parents concerned as it might overwhelm the immune system of their child. There are two options that parents can opt for• Selective vaccine...
- Orchitis After Mumps
Orchitis is an inflammatory condition of the testes caused by an infection from a virus or bacteria. The infection could be because of mumps, mononucleosis or STDs. Infection due to bacteria develops from the progression of epididymitis, a tube that carries semen out of the testes. Mumps virus is...
- Dr. Christopher Joseph Harrison M.D.2401 Gillham Rd Kansas City MO 64108
- Dr. Douglas Scott Swanson MD2401 Gillham Rd Kansas City MO 64108
- Dr. Susana Chavez-bueno MD2401 GILLHAM RD KANSAS CITY MO 64108
- Dr. Mary anne Jackson MD2401 Gillham Rd Kansas City MO 64108
- Dr. Nisha Mangalat M.D.2401 Gillham Road Kansas City MO 64108
- Dr. Rana El feghaly M.D.2401 GILLHAM RD KANSAS CITY MO 64108