Dr. Abrar Ahmed is a gastroenterologist practicing in Columbia, MO. Dr. Ahmed specializes in the digestive system and its diseases that affect the gastrointestinal tract, which include organs from the mouth to the anus as well as liver disorders. Gastroenterology includes conditions such as hepatitis, peptic ulcer disease, colitis, nutritional problems and irritable bowel syndrome. Dr. Ahmed performs colonoscopy and endoscopy procedures and provides accurate and thorough care for patients suffering from digestive issues.
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
Dr. Abrar Ahmed MD's Practice location
Columbia, MO 65212Get Direction
Columbia, MO 65201Get Direction
DALLAS, TX 75231Get Direction
Dr. Abrar Ahmed MD's reviewsWrite Review
- The Most Common Crohn's and Colitis Food Triggers
Crohn’s and Colitis can be difficult to live with, to say the least. And because there is currently no known cure, the only way to keep this disease in remission is to avoid any flare ups. While your battle plan will always begin with your doctor’s recommendations, such as medications, there are...
- What Are the Symptoms of Acid Reflux?
Acid reflux is so common that most people take this for granted. Little do they know about the complications of acid reflux that would arise if it is untreated. If acid reflux is left untreated, it can lead to a condition known as Barrett’s esophagus, which is a precancerous state. Because of this...
- All About Colectomy Prep and Recovery
For sufferers of Crohn’s disease or colitis, relief from pain and symptoms often comes from a variety of actions: a strict diet, steroids, anti-inflammatory drugs, and even natural remedies.Over time, as the disease riddles the colon beyond the help of these methods, surgery may be the next best...
- Why is Irritable Bowel Syndrome More Prevalent in Women?
Medical research shows that more women than men suffer from IBS. In addition these studies demonstrate that certain gynecologic disorders accompany IBS in women. These are disorders such as dysmenorrhea. This has given birth to the question whether there exists a difference in IBS symptom severity...
- Gas, Bloating, and Burping
Gas, bloating, and burping are normal conditions that are often very uncomfortable and embarrassing. Gas is produced in the gastrointestinal system as the food is digested to form energy. Changes in the diet can definitely cut down the formation of gas and save you from discomfort and embarrassment....
- 9 Tips to Avoid IBS Flare-Ups
If you’re suffering from irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), you already understand how disturbing and problematic flare-ups can be. The IBS signs and symptoms can range from abdominal inflation to frequent diarrhea. There are multiple effective strategies for stress management that could truly...
- Dr. Abdo M. Saad MD110 Lead Avenue Southeast Albuquerque New Mexico 87106
- Dr. Stephen W. Welsh MD210 Portland St Columbia MO 65201
- Dr. Nicolas Llorens MD210 Portland St Columbia MO 65201
- Dr. Matthew G. Struttmann MD210 Portland St Columbia MO 65201
- Dr. Jack Bragg DOOne Hospital Dr Columbia MO 65212
- Dr. Eric Vincent Plott M.D.Wilford Hall Medical Center, Gastroenterology Dept Lackland TX 78236