Dr. Karen P Pollock M.D.
Adolescent Specialist | Adolescent Medicine11134 Broad River Rd Suite D Irmo SC, 29063
Dr. Karen Pollock is an adolescent specialist practicing in Irmo, SC. Dr. Pollock works with patients who are in the adolescent age, or generally between the ages of 11 and 19 years old. As an adolescent-specialist, Dr. Pollock treats many common health issues that pre-teens and teenagers face, from mental, to behavioral, to physical conditions. Some of these issues may include growth and hormone problems, sports injuries, eating disorders, substance abuse and more. Adolescent specialists perform medical exams, histories and diagnostic tests, and develop individualized treatment plans for each patient.
Education and Training
Med Univ of Sc Coll of Med, Charleston Sc 1999
Medical University of South Carolina College of Medicine 1999
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP
- Ear Infection
- Hay Fever (allergic Rhinitis)
- Stomach Flu
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (adhd)
- Pitt Co Mem Hosp, Pediatrics
- Pitt Co Mem Hospital
- OMECO/Comanche County Memorial Hosp Program
Dr. Karen P Pollock M.D.'s Practice location
Irmo, SC 29063Get Direction
Clinton, SC 29325Get Direction
Dr. Karen P Pollock M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Pollock
- What Are Different Cognitive Behavioral Techniques?
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy is an effective way of treating several mental conditions such as:...
- Teen with Muscular Dystrophy Gets His Own Theme Song from School's Marching Band
Jack Knight was born with a very rare case of Duchenne muscular dystrophy where he has permanently lost most of his motor functions at the age of 16.Despite this, Jack became a real inspiration to many people as he never gave up and continued living his life the way he wants. He not only serves as...
- What is the Bird Flu?
Bird flu is a viral infection in birds. It is also known as avian flu or avian influenza. Different strains of this virus are seen infecting birds, the latest being H5N1. It is a highly pathogenic virus and may spread from birds to mammals including man. The virus may cause death in many of the...
- Excess Risk of Cardiovascular Events Has Decreased in Rheumatoid Arthritis Patients
Rheumatoid arthritis presents with many different symptoms, which often vary from person to person. Among these is a generally higher risk of serious heart problems compared to a person of the same age and health living without rheumatoid arthritis. While it has been known that patients with RA are...
- Two Sisters Create a Resourceful Gluten-Free Website
Diagnosed at 3 years old with celiac disease, Sara Kronenberg and her family had to make some big changes to their diets and embrace a gluten-free lifestyle. Thanks to her mother’s support and research that she did about living gluten-free, Sara and her older sister Emma became experts at...
- Treatments for Mononucleosis
There exist many symptoms that make the mononucleosis disease similar to other diseases, which makes it very difficult to distinguish it from other infections. Doctors administer treatment of the patient by giving him or her a physical test. This annual test checks out the patient's medical history....
- Dr. Mojibola Olayinka Solaja M.D.120 Wildewood Park Dr Columbia SC 29223
- Dr. Rebecca Ann Meriwether M.D.3209 Colonial Dr Columbia SC 29203
- Dr. Martha Monson Sribnick MD4500 Stuart Street Columbia SC 29207
- Dr. Susan M Claytor M.D.115 Atrium Way Columbia SC 29223
- Dr. John Khoury MD2113 Adams Grv Columbia SC 29203
- Dr. James Alan Henderson MD169 Ashley Ave Charleston SC 29425