Dr. Randall C. Bell M.D.
Pulmonologist | Pulmonary Disease4410 Medical Dr Suite 440 San Antonio TX, 78229
Dr. Randall Bell practices Pulmonology in San Antonio, TX. A pulmonologist is a physician who possesses specialized knowledge and skill in the diagnosis and treatment of pulmonary conditions and diseases. Dr. Bell manages patients who need life support and mechanical ventilation, and is specially trained in diseases and conditions of the chest, particularly pneumonia, asthma, tuberculosis, emphysema, and complicated chest infections.
Dr. Randall C. Bell M.D.'s Practice location
San Antonio, TX 78229Get Direction
SAN ANTONIO, TX 78240Get Direction
- Croup in Adults
Croup is a very common respiratory infection in children, but it can also occur in adults. It can occur at any point and is quite infectious since the virus is often being dispersed through the air, which causes the infection to spread to others. Although rare, croup can also be caused by bacterial...
- Prenatal Testing and Diagnosis of Cystic Fibrosis
Cystic fibrosis (CF) is an inherited disease that is caused by a defect in the cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator (CFTR) gene. The CFTR protein is responsible for controlling the transportation of salt in and out of cells. Any mutations in the CFTR gene can cause an imbalance in the...
- Are There Medical Procedures That Treat Pleurisy?
Pleurisy is the inflammation of the pleural membranes lining your lungs. It is often associated with the condition known as pleural effusion, which happens when there is a build-up of fluid within the pleural cavity.Treatment for pleurisy aims to reduce pain, remove the excess fluid or air built in...
- Preventing Exacerbations of COPD
According to a statistic, 65 million people have moderate to severe chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) around the world. More than 3 million people have died because of COPD in 2005, which corresponds to 5 percent of all deaths globally. This puts COPD as one of the major causes of...
- All About Atypical Pneumonia: Its Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis, and Treatment
Atypical Pneumonia: What is it?Atypical pneumonia is an infection of the lungs caused by organisms other than the ones that usually cause pneumonia. The organisms responsible for atypical pneumonia include Legionella pneumophila, Mycoplasma pneumoniae, and Chlamydia Pneumoniae. Atypical pneumonia is...
- Firefighters from Around the World Take Steps Toward Cystic Fibrosis Research
As a firefighter, Wes Loucks received countless emergency phone calls throughout his 32 years of service for the Portland Fire and Rescue Bureau. After retiring, he received a personal call for help from his own family. His two grandsons were both born with cystic fibrosis (CF), a chronic genetic...
- Dr. Jason M Mckinney MD7703 Floyd Curl Dr San Antonio TX 78229
- Dr. David A Schenk MD7950 Floyd Curl Dr San Antonio TX 78229
- Dr. Charles P Andrews M.D.4410 Medical Dr San Antonio TX 78229
- Dr. Antonio Anzueto MD8300 Floyd Curl Dr San Antonio TX 78229
- Dr. Nora Lee Walker M.D.4410 Medical Dr San Antonio TX 78229
- Dr. Tamara D Simpson MD7703 Floyd Curl Dr San Antonio TX 78229