Dr. Robert Johnson practices Neurological Surgery in Fargo, ND. As a Neurological Surgeon, Dr. Johnson prevents, diagnoses, evaluates, and treats disorders of the autonomic, peripheral, and central nervous systems. Neurological Surgeons are trained to treat such disorders as spinal canal stenosis, herniated discs, tumors, fractures, and spinal deformities, among many others.
Education and Training
Univ Of Manitoba- Fac Of Med- Winnipeg- Man- Canada 1964
Neurological SurgeryAmerican Board of Neurological SurgeryABNS
- Mayo Grad Sch Med/Mayo Fndn, Neurological Surgery
Dr. Robert Melvin Johnson MD's Practice location
Fargo, ND 58122Get Direction
Dr. Robert Melvin Johnson MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Laminectomy: Reasons for Having One and the Risks It Involves
What Is a Laminectomy?A laminectomy is a kind of surgery whose aim is to decompress the spinal cord. The lamina (the bone that constitutes spinal‘s vertebral arch) and bone spurs are removed during the operation. Both the lamina and bone spurs can compress your spinal cord leading to:...
- Doctors and Specialists for Patients with Muscular Dystrophy
Everyone is susceptible to Muscular Dystrophy, especially if it runs in your family. This disease involves the diminishing and weakening of muscles. It is also a progressive condition, meaning, it can get worse and worse if left untreated. Hence, health professionals highly recommend that you see...
- What Are the Treatments for Stroke?
Emergency treatment for stroke is dependent on the type of stroke you're suffering from. Whether it is an ischemic stroke that blocks an artery, or a hemorrhagic stroke that is caused by bleeding of blood vessels around the brain, acting fast is important since every minute counts.Ischemic Stroke:...
- What Is a Cervical Laminectomy?
A cervical laminectomy is performed to relieve the compression of the spinal cord and nerves around your neck. This is achieved by making the spinal canal wider, creating more space for your nerves. A part of the protruding bone or the lamina is either removed or trimmed during this procedure. The...
- What Is a Prefrontal Lobotomy?
Lobotomy is a neurosurgical procedure invented in 1935 by a Portuguese neurologist named Moniz. Moniz won the Nobel Prize in 1949 for his achievement. It was believed that lobotomy was successful in the treatment of various psychological diseases like depression, bipolar disorders, mania,...
- What is a Transient Ischemic Attack?
Also considered as a mini stroke, a transient ischemic attack (TIA) has symptoms similar to that of a stroke, but lasting only for a short period of time, without causing any permanent damage. TIA is often caused by the interruption of blood flow to the brain by a blood clot. Once the blood flow is...
- Dr. Michael Hill DO3000 32nd Ave S Fargo ND 58103
- Dr. Chad R Justesen MD700 1st Ave S Fargo ND 58103
- Dr. Adam W Jackson M.D.200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Timothy E Lindley M.D.200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Abdul Abu Baker MD18200 Lorain Ave Cleveland OH 44111
- Dr. John W Hutchison MD700 1st Ave S Fargo ND 58103