Dr. Carlos Angel, MD, FACS
Surgeon (Pediatric) | Pediatric Surgery2100 W Clinch Ave Suite 230 Knoxville TN, 37916
Dr. Carlos Angel practices Pediatric Surgery in Knoxville, TN. Dr. Angel treats children who have an illness, injury, or disease that requires surgery. Some of the surgical problems seen by pediatric surgeons are often quite different from those commonly seen by adult or general surgeons. Dr. Angeldiagnoses, treats, and manages childrens surgical needs such as abnormalities of the groin in childhood and, surgical repair of birth defects, surgical care of tumors, transplantation operations, and endoscopic procedures.
Education and Training
Coll Mayor De Nuestro Senora Del Rosario- Fac De Med- Bogota- Colombia 1980
- Validity of plain films in intussusception.
- Severe ciprofloxacin-associated pseudomembranous colitis in an eight-year-old child.
- Imaging of acute appendicitis: US as the primary imaging modality.
- Outcome of gastroschisis: a 20-year case review of infants with gastroschisis born in Galveston, Texas.
- Comparative analysis of the capacity of tombusvirus P22 and P19 proteins to function as avirulence determinants in Nicotiana species.
- A survey of resistance to Tomato bushy stunt virus in the genus Nicotiana reveals that the hypersensitive response is triggered by one of three different viral proteins.
- The P6 protein of Cauliflower mosaic virus interacts with CHUP1, a plant protein which moves chloroplasts on actin microfilaments.
- Association of the P6 protein of Cauliflower mosaic virus with plasmodesmata and plasmodesmal proteins.
- A model for intracellular movement of Cauliflower mosaic virus: the concept of the mobile virion factory.
Dr. Carlos Angel, MD, FACS's Practice location
Knoxville, TN 37916Get Direction
Dr. Carlos Angel, MD, FACS's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Angel
- What You Need to Know About Incisional Hernias
What is a Hernia?A hernia is a medical condition that results from tissue or organs protruding through the abdominal walls. This protrusion is due to a weakness or hole in a muscle. The condition might start without any symptoms, but can lead to serious problems like death if left unattended. Hernia...
- Are There Risks To A Circumcision?
It is a procedure that takes just a few minutes to remove the foreskin of a male’s penis.This process has been associated with a number of things; some of them are true,while others are not. Depending on the circumstances, different people have viewed circumcision as an act that comes with its own...
- Everything You Need to Know About an Adenoidectomy
What Are Adenoids?Adenoids are the immune system’s component which assists in the fight against infections and offers the body protection from viral and bacterial attack.Adenoids are found in children only. They begin to develop as soon as a child is born and reach their maximum when the child is...
- What Are the Risks of Hydrocelectomy
Hydrocelectomy, also called hydrocele repair, is a surgical procedure that aims to remove or repair a hydrocele, a sac of fluid that forms around a testicle, causing swelling and pain.Hydrocelectomy is like all other surgeries—risky, and one may get hurt during the procedure, react to the...
- Understanding Hernia and Hernia Surgery
Feeling pain and swelling in the groin region can be a very unpleasant experience, especially when the pain gets worse when you cough or lift heavy objects. Experiencing these symptoms might signify the presence of groin hernia. A groin hernia is usually referred to in medical terms as an inguinal...
- What Can I Expect After Undergoing Laparoscopic Hernia Repair?
In laparoscopic hernia repair, the surgeon makes a small incision in or just under your umbilicus and inserts a narrow tube to pump carbon dioxide into your abdomen. The gas lifts organs and other tissue, allowing a good view of your internal structures. The surgeon then inserts a telescope-like...