Dr. Akshal Patel, MD, specialist in neurological surgery, currently treats patients in Hershey, Pennsylvania. Dr. Patel graduated from Boston University School Of Medicine (2007) and is licensed to see ...
- Penn State University College of Medicine, Pa 2008
Dr. Akshal Patel M.D.'s Practice location
Dr. Akshal Patel M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Patel
- What Is Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus?
Normal pressure hydrocephalus (NPH) is a type of brain disorder, wherein excess cerebrospinal fluid builds up in the ventricles of the brain. It causes problems in reasoning, thinking, difficulty in walking, and loss of bladder control.Brains ventricles are hollow fluid-filled chambers. Even...
- Recovery After a Laminectomy
Laminectomy is a surgical procedure done for the removal of the lamina, bone spurs, and ligaments that may be putting pressure on your spinal nerves and causing lower back pain. The procedure is said to be one of the most commonly performed back surgeries. Below is a detailed information on what...
- What is a Transient Ischemic Attack?
Also considered as a mini stroke, a transient ischemic attack (TIA) has symptoms similar to that of a stroke, but lasting only for a short period of time, without causing any permanent damage. TIA is often caused by the interruption of blood flow to the brain by a blood clot. Once the blood flow is...
- What to Expect While Undergoing Spinal Stenosis Surgery?
Spinal stenosis is a condition where two spinal vertebrae separated by an intervertebral disc come closer as the disc wears off due to osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis or trauma. When this happens, the spinal nerve that runs between them becomes compressed causing pain to the individual. The...
- What Is Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery?
Spinal surgery usually requires that the surgeon makes a relatively huge incision on the patient’s back in order to have complete access to the spinal vertebrae. This is the usual procedure in dealing with defects of the spine, and it has been so because of the delicate nature of the...
- Lobotomies in Other Countries
What is a lobotomy and why was it used?A lobotomy is a neurosurgical procedure used for the treatment of various psychological conditions, such as severe depression, mania, schizophrenia, etc. It was even used for the treatment of homosexuality.The idea of brain surgery started around 1890, when a...
- Dr. Omar Akram Zalatimo MD500 University Dr Hershey PA 17033
- Dr. Michael David Sather MD30 Hope Drive Hershey PA 17033
- Dr. Joseph Christopher Zacko MD500 University Dr Hershey PA 17033
- Dr. Elias Rizk M.D.500 University Dr Hershey PA 17033
- Dr. Stephen K Powers MD133 JEFF LN HUMMELSTOWN PA 17036
- Dr. Einar Bogason M.D.500 University Dr Hershey PA 17033