Dr. Autumn Perkins is a speech language pathologist practicing in NORFOLK, VA. Dr. Perkins specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Perkins evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Perkins helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Autumn Perkins M.S. CCC-SLP's Practice location
NORFOLK, VA 23510Get Direction
Autumn Perkins M.S. CCC-SLP's reviewsWrite Review
- Understanding Relapsing-Remitting Multiple Sclerosis (RRMS)
Most patients who are diagnosed with multiple sclerosis usually fall under the category of having RRMS. In most patients, relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis in the course of the disease changes after several decades and usually becomes worse, and the patient’s diagnosis is likely to progress...
- Which Specialists Can Treat ADHD?
People suffering from attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) encounter several challenges including social, academic or professional difficulties. These issues make it important for ADHD patients to receive definitive treatments that work for them. ADHD is also very common among children....
- The Risk for Developing Cerebral Palsy in Babies is Higher at 37 or 38 Weeks
Babies born at 40 weeks have a lower risk of developing cerebral palsy, when compared to babies born at 37 or 38 weeks, or at 42 weeks and later, according to a new study published in, The Journal of the American Medical Association. But the absolute risk of developing this condition in babies is...
- What Is Dysphagia?
IntroductionDysphagia is the medical term for difficulty swallowing. A person with dysphagia finds it more difficult to move liquid or food from the mouth to the stomach. Dysphagia is most likely caused by muscle and nerve problems. When food is swallowed, multiple muscles and nerves are...
- Treatment of Multiple Sclerosis
The following are some of the treatments of MS that focus on slowing the progression of the disease, speeding recovery from attacks, and managing symptoms.Treatments for MS Attacks...
- Learn the Signs of Autism
As a parent, it is very critical that you check the heath status of your child regularly. Autism in children can be detected as early as 18 months old. However, the condition can still be treated if discovered later in life. Children with autism spectrum disorder (ASD) have unique characteristics...
- Sarah Shreckhise SLP4560 SOUTH BLVD VIRGINIA BEACH VA 23452
- Mrs. Barbara C Harvey M.A.,CCC-SLP733 VOLVO PKWY CHESAPEAKE VA 23320
- Mrs. Elizabeth Concepcion Dunn MA CCC-SLP6401 AUBURN DR VIRGINIA BEACH VA 23464
- Jordan Kenagy SLP4560 SOUTH BLVD VIRGINIA BEACH VA 23452
- Mrs. Delores Ann Acree MA CCC-SLP305 MARCELLA RD HAMPTON VA 23666
- Mrs. Elizabeth Cardwell Abeyounis MS-CCC, CERT AVT11783 ROCK LANDING DR FL 2 NEWPORT NEWS VA 23606