Dr. Suzette Gjonaj practices Pediatric Pulmonology in Hawthorne, NY. Dr. Gjonaj treats children who have breathing problems, or a problem with his or her lungs. Pediatric pulmonologists often treat children with chronic cough, difficulty breathing, recurring pneumonia, asthma, cystic fibrosis, apnea, chronic lung disease in premature infants, noisy breathing, and conditions that require special equipment to monitor and/or help with breathing at home.
Education and Training
Univ Of West Indies- Fac Med Sci- Kingston- Jamaica 1987
Faculty of Medical Sciences, University of The West Indies (Jamaica) Medical
University of the West Indies Faculty of Medical Sciences 1987
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP- Pediatric Pulmonology
DermatologyAmerican Board of DermatologyABD- 2010
- Asthma, Cystic Fibrosis (cf)
- Sleep Apnea
- Hay Fever (allergic Rhinitis)
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (copd)
- Allergic Reaction
- Cystic Fibrosis (cf)
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea (osa)
- Westchester Med Ctr, Pediatric Pulmonology; Ny Medical College, Pediatrics
- Westchester Medical Center
- New York Medical College at Westchester Medical Center Program
Dr. Suzette Gjonaj MD's Practice location
Hawthorne, NY 10532Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Suzette Gjonaj MD | Pulmonologist (Pediatric) | Pediatric Pulmonology
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Suzette Gjonaj MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Gjonaj
- Differentiating Croup from Asthma
Croup and asthma are two conditions that involve organs, which are responsible for breathing. Since both conditions affect the respiratory system, it is highly advisable to learn their differences to be able to approach each condition properly.What Is Croup?Croup is typically caused by a virus. It...
- What Causes Croup?
Croup is a common respiratory problem prevailing in young children that tends to develop in the fall or winter. It describes a deep and barking cough that is caused by an upper respiratory infection that blocks a child's ability to breathe. Its characteristic symptom is harsh coughing...
- How to Know if It’s Croup or Whoop
Croup is often characterized by a barking cough sound, which resembles the sound produced by seals. This childhood condition is often caused by a virus that often starts from the nose or mouth, and goes down to the vocal cords and windpipe. The affected areas become inflamed, swollen, and sore that...
- What Is Tay-Sachs Disease?
IntroductionTay-Sachs disease is a genetic disorder that affects the brain's nerve cells. Individuals who have this disorder lacks a type of protein that is needed to break down fatty substances in the brain. Without this protein, fatty substances accumulate in the brain to toxic levels, which...
- Croup and Its Symptoms
Croup, a viral infection in children, is a condition that causes swelling of the vocal cords. The cause of croup is also the same virus that causes a normal cold. Croup can happen any time, but is very common during the winter. ...
- Stridor in Children: Croup Is Not the Only Cause
Stridor is a high-pitched sound that is caused by a disrupted airflow. It is a sign of an upper airway obstruction that affects children more than adults. A disrupted airflow is caused by a blockage in the voice box (larynx) or windpipe (trachea). Stridor is most noticeable during inhalation, but...
- Dr. Agnes Q Banquet MD19 Bradhurst Ave Hawthorne NY 10532
- Dr. Nadav Traeger MD19 Bradhurst Ave Hawthorne NY 10532
- Dr. Yehudit Pollack MD22 SAW MILL RIVER RD HAWTHORNE NY 10532
- Dr. Youngsook Cathy Kim MD19 Bradhurst Ave Hawthorne NY 10532
- Dr. Christy Kim MD19 Bradhurst Ave Hawthorne NY 10532
- Dr. Sankaran S Krishnan MD19 Bradhurst Ave Hawthorne NY 10532