Dr. Inger Hansen is a pediatric endocrinologist practicing in Atlanta, GA. Dr. Hansen specializes in growth, puberty, diabetes or other disorders related to hormones that produce certain conditions in children and growing young adults. Pediatric endocrinologists possess copious knowledge on hormone chemicals and how they can affect other parts of the body and their functions.
Education and Training
Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine 1973
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP
- Mayo Grad Sch Med/Mayo Fndn, Pediatrics; Mayo Grad Sch Med/Mayo Fndn, Pediatric Endocrinology; Univ Hosp Of Cleveland, Pediatrics
Dr. Inger L Hansen MD's Practice location
Atlanta, GA 30322Get Direction
Dr. Inger L Hansen MD's reviewsWrite Review
- What Is Pituitary Dwarfism?
IntroductionPituitary dwarfism, also called growth hormone deficiency, is a medical condition wherein the pituitary gland does not produce sufficient amounts of growth hormone. This deficiency often results in children’s slow growth or short stature.An adult with pituitary dwarfism has an average...
- Hypothyroidism: Why Am I Always Exhausted?
Hypothyroidism is a common condition in which the thyroid gland is underactive and does not produce enough hormones. These hormones are very important in maintaining the metabolism of the body. Metabolism refers to the process by which cells produce and utilize energy from food. A reduction in the...
- Glucose Monitor May Eliminate Need for Finger Stick
A novel system that has already been approved has a revolutionary technology to monitor blood sugar levels. It works with a small sensor that is placed on the arm of the person being monitored and gives reports minute by minute.Glucose monitoring is something that people with diabetes should do...
- Diabetes vs. Science: Who’s Winning?
What Is Diabetes?Diabetes is a serious chronic illness that could affect 552 million people by the year 2030, according to the International Diabetes Federation (IDF). A person suffering from diabetes is at a much greater risk of heart attack, kidney damage, or stroke. Therefore, we are now putting...
- What Is Metabolism?
IntroductionMetabolism is a complex biochemical process that is needed to maintain life. Availability of nutrients and nutrition are closely associated with metabolism since metabolism is a process that involves the conversion of food into energy, which is used to fuel the body's cells. The basal...
- Pre-digested Formula May Reduce the Risk of Type 1 Diabetes in Infants
A new study has shown that pre-digested formula may reduce the risk of Type 1 diabetes in infants who have a high risk for developing this condition. The study reports that babies who were fed on pre-digested formula had a 50% lower chance of developing the kind of antibodies that predict diabetes,...
- Dr. Lillian R Meacham MD1405 Clifton Rd NE Atlanta GA 30322
- Dr. Michelle Ihsiu Lin MD2015 Uppergate Dr Ne Atlanta GA 30322
- Dr. Robert M Schultz MD1100 Lake Hearn Dr Ne Atlanta GA 30342
- Eric I Felner Other2015 Uppergate Dr Atlanta GA 30322
- Dr. Quentin L Vanmeter MD1800 Howell Mill Road Nw Atlanta GA 30318
- Dr. John S Parks MD2015 Uppergate Dr Atlanta GA 30322